Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

7 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Didn’t he quite recently sign a pro contract?

I'm not sure, if he did then I certainly do not think Villa will sell.

23 hours ago, sne said:

Tbf Man U have been better than us at giving young players time on the pitch. Obviously due to them having had a better youth set up but still.

definitely a worry, but they did just sign a couple youngsters at positions that Carney plays I believe

13 hours ago, mallett said:

Villa’s recent track record isn’t great. Jacob Ramsey is a start but he could still go either way whether that be establishing himself as a premier league player or becoming a lower league player.

I think Jack is a pretty decent example of what we can do???  He's not that old!

The Guardian reporting that other clubs are watching Chukwuemkea isn't really that worrying, he's potentially the most promising player to come through our academy since Grealish, so of course other clubs are interested in him, other clubs are probably interested in some of our other academy players as well, that's just the way it is when you have good players coming through, we ourselves will be watching highly rated academy players from other clubs.

But if someone wanted him they could have signed him a couple of months ago for nothing, chances are he was probably offered the chance to move then, there definitely would have been interest, but he decided to sign a professional deal with us.

Manchester United have a better track record of giving youngsters a chance, for the simple reason that they've developed better youngsters than we have in recent times, Chukwuemeka will stand a far better chance of getting in our midfield than theirs.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I think Jack is a pretty decent example of what we can do???  He's not that old!

Jack made his Villa league debut in 2014, since then and Ramsey we have only given league debuts to Green, Hepburn Murphy, Davis and Toner. I might be missing another but it has been pretty poor

• Like 1

On 22/04/2021 at 21:15, Lichfield Dean said:

Jesus, The Editors of The Grauniad must have had sleepless nights looking to do a feature on a player called Chukwuemeka. 

I love it when the media use terms like "tracked" and "watched" when it comes to players 

Its called a scouting network, I'm not even a scout and I'm currently tracking the development and progress of Inter Milans Esposito because he's been great for me on football manager, doeant mean I'm going to put a £30m bid in for him this summer

Every top club in some way or another is watching every player across Europe's top 5 youth leagues, we will have scout reports on every player in England's youth set up, we probably watched Phil Foden a dozen times when he was 16, it's how football works 

If Jacob Ramsey makes it to villas 1st team vs Man City on Wednesday night having won villas academy player of the year, represented England at 3 youth levels, do you think pep is going to say "who's he then?" of course he'll know who he is, man City will have watched him too for years, doesn't mean they want to buy him, means pep can say to rodri show him wide and on his left, press him if this way in this position, it's what football is all about 

On 23/04/2021 at 13:30, Wainy316 said:

So there's no way he can be nicked on the cheap now?

We'd have to agree a transfer fee like any other player?  If that's the case then no way is he going anywhere this summer.

Correct we own him like any other professional player.

• Thanks 1

On 23/04/2021 at 21:36, OutByEaster? said:

There's every chance another club could nick him off us; any club with £30m or so is welcome to try.

The way people talk about him, you wonder how good he can be. I have seen some clips and he definitely stands out but I am not going to be able to judge until I have seen him play in our team a handful of times.

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

The way people talk about him, you wonder how good he can be. I have seen some clips and he definitely stands out but I am not going to be able to judge until I have seen him play in our team a handful of times.

The few scouting reports I’ve read rate his potential at “10/10” and “world class”. Surely won’t be long before he makes his debut, just hope everyone is patient as he develops.

I can’t wait to see what he brings to the midfield, with Aaron Ramsey not too far behind him. The dream is having our own version of the Scholes, Butt, Beckham generation coming out of the academy and forming the spine of the team for years, but just one at that level would be a result. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, paul514 said:

Trying to work out if this is a sarcastic commentary on how quickly players are judged, and dismissed, on Villatalk. Or if you're serious.

46 minutes ago, sne said:

Surely the correct way to judge a player you have not watched is to instantly form an opinion and then fiercely defend and stick with it despite all future evidence regardless of how rash that process was.

Yeah. I've decided that Chucky (as I've always called him) pops up with goals at important moments and you can't fault his effort, but ultimately he's not quite of the quality we need to push on into the top 6 so he should be sold in the summer. Also our recruitment team need to take a long hard look at themselves and start delivering.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, picicata said:

Trying to work out if this is a sarcastic commentary on how quickly players are judged, and dismissed, on Villatalk. Or if you're serious.

No it wasn’t, to form an initial judgement of a player you need to see him play a handful of times.

I said nothing about anything else.

Â