Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, YLN said:

20 million for a starting midfielder for Chelsea. Pretty good deal for them.

Think it speaks more about how poor their squad is than how much of a bargain they got. He doesn't start for us if he was still here. 

Edited by Davkaus

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

He hasn't been bad but he hasn't looked like making anything happen, not sure he'll be making many starts if this is his level... But very early days and he clearly has the talent to produce. Think Poch will be good for him

I think he's a fairly solid midtable option, so he's in good company at Chelsea.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He hasn't been bad but he hasn't looked like making anything happen, not sure he'll be making many starts if this is his level... But very early days and he clearly has the talent to produce. Think Poch will be good for him

Looked average to me. He is no JJ for me

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Think it speaks more about how poor their squad is than how much of a bargain they got. He doesn't start for us if he was still here. 

And we got thrashed 5-1 yesterday. Maybe we’re not all that after all…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Ok performance but far off being the wonderkid he was hyped up to be

But again he's 19 starting a PL game

Liverpools 2 England youth internationals started on the bench and they're both in the age group above him

He's the only England u20 player to start a PL game this weekend, I think quick looking only 5 players from the U21s did

What he's doing is a huge achievement even if in the games themselves he's only putting in like 6 out of 10 performances

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But again he's 19 starting a PL game

Liverpools 2 England youth internationals started on the bench and they're both in the age group above him

He's the only England u20 player to start a PL game this weekend, I think quick looking only 5 players from the U21s did

What he's doing is a huge achievement even if in the games themselves he's only putting in like 6 out of 10 performances

My gut feeling is Chuk will come good this season. Like you say he is only 19, I think Poch will give him plenty of minutes and he will improve as the season goes on. JJ had plenty of average games for us when he was 19, it is par for the course at that age. I think we are trying too hard as fans to convince ourselves we did alright from the deal, and yes we did ok to get £20m, but that’s not to say Chuk doesn’t go on to do well in his career though given time.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Very different players tbf.

Not sure i agree with that. Both are attacking cms but JJ plays the role alot better

Chuck looks very raw to me. the way JJ takes the ball forward and the pace in which he does it compared to chuck its no comparison 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Not sure i agree with that. Both are attacking cms but JJ plays the role alot better

Chuck looks very raw to me. the way JJ takes the ball forward and the pace in which he does it compared to chuck its no comparison 

JJ is a powerful runner who has room for improvement in tight spaces. Carney is a bit more of a controller who's better in tight spaces.

• Like 1

Chukwuemeka has only played eight games worth of Premier League football, when Jacob Ramsey had only played that much football he didn't look like the Ramsey we know today, if young players at that stage are not looking out of place then it's a good sign.

As for comparisons between the two, they're both attacking midfielders but different, Chukwuemeka is better technically that's not to say Jacob is bad in that regard, it's just  something Chukwuemeka is very good at, he's actually also very good at carrying the ball, but he's not as fast as doing it as Ramsey is, Ramsey is also a much better goal scorer.

Aaron Ramsey is kind of like a combination of the two, is very technical, can run with the ball and at pace, can score and create goals, but doesn't have the strenght of Jacob or Carney.

He's still young, but Chukwuemeka really needs to get a run of games this season as last two season he's missed out on a lot of game time, last season at Chelsea, but also his last season with us he didn't play much because of missing out on U21 games because of being with first team squad but not being used, doesn't want a third season where he barely plays and still doesn't have much first team experience as could start impacting his development, needs to be sure Chelsea are going to play him, otherwise loan would have been far better option.

• Like 3

Didn't he get booked after 5 minutes?

That would impact any midfielder's game (Luiz got a yellow after 10 minutes yesterday).

I think if he isn't loaned out he'll be a regular sub for them so up to him what he makes of the chance given he's playing now for a coach noted at giving young players regular opportunities if they show enough application.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ramsey plays on the left. Completely different positions

Also he is raw because he is young, people shitting on him either know nothing about football or are idiots if think he should be Zidane/Totti levels already

Edited by Zatman

9 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Ok performance but far off being the wonderkid he was hyped up to be

Starting for a Chelsea team that has spent close to a billion pounds in the last 8 months at 19 is wonderkid territory imo, even if he didn't pull up any trees. You're looking at a select few throughout history that could do that, Rooney, Owen, Fabregas, Pedri etc.

• Like 2

Â