Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

It keeps rising we've hit the jackpot fellas 

City sold a pretty unknown keeper for £14m, Carney was a leading light in the u21 Euros. £20m seems a lot but I would hope there are a lot of add-ons for trophies (won on loan too ;) ) and sell-on clause

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WHY said:

No chance we will offer him what Chelsea will mate, it would leave us wide open to getting ripped off by the agent of every up and coming talent. 

How much you reckon they’re paying him?

I can’t imagine it being hugely more than what he was offered by us?

Everyone saying it's 'the worst club for him', that's my immediate reaction as well but who knows. There's lots of ways it could come good for him too.

Overall, it does leave a sour taste. He didn't have to sign a deal and we're getting a good fee for him I guess, but even though it's not very logical it still feels a bit disloyal somehow.

Anyway, he's just one player, and we have plenty of others, including plenty of good young players, and for those who play in midfield their route to a first team appearance just got a tiny bit easier. I hope one or more of them follow in Ramsay's footsteps and make themselves proud members of our first team.

• Like 1

£15m plus bonuses... so £15m it is.

Looked promising, but clearly nowhere near ready. Awful move for his career (unless he genuinely thinks he's going to displace any of their current central midfielders) but a great move for his bank balance. 

I feel a bit sorry for him as it appears he's been/being given some advice that isn't necessarily best for his career/ability, but he doesn't have to follow said advice...

Enjoy your imminent loan move.

Edited by StewieGriffin

1 minute ago, Thug said:

How much you reckon they’re paying him?

I can’t imagine it being hugely more than what he was offered by us?

Paid £15m for him and gave him a 6 year contract will be getting £60K+ a week. Most likely bunged him a couple of Million to sign as well. 

£20m is nowhere near as much as it used to be due to fee inflation but if you look at our current squad, you can still get some quality for around that price.

Coutinho - £17m

Carlos - £26m

Digne - £25m

Cash - £14m

Martinez - £17m

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Though 90% of youth won’t make it and we won’t want to keep them all around tied into a contract for 4 years.

Yh, that’s why I say a appearance and performance bonus contracts.

Keep the main contract very basic

Â