Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

It really does make you wonder regarding development time for youngsters.  

I would immediately implement a policy of if your contract is shorter than 3 years, you get no first team opportunities.

There we’re loads of people on here saying we need to be giving him MORE playing time.  I disagreed on the basis of his contract situation.  If a youth player isn’t committed, they should not be given any first team minutes.  End of story.

You want development? Sign this 4 year contract with appearance and performance bonuses. Otherwise you aren’t playing.

Just now, Thug said:

I would immediately implement a policy of if your contract is shorter than 3 years, you get no first team opportunities.

Though 90% of youth won’t make it and we won’t want to keep them all around tied into a contract for 4 years.

Delighted with that fee.

Good riddance. Glad this saga has been put to bed.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's one of those players that you'll have to Google in 5 years time to see where he ended up to find he's now plying his trade in the Cypriot second division.

Happy with getting £15m given the circumstances of thinking he’d just run down his contract, we’d get nothing and we wouldn’t play him this season anyway.  

Did what we could to get him to stay, it didn’t work out so got an excellent fee for a very talented but untested kid.  Well done club!

• Like 1

Â