Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

sign him Villa! I know a lot of fans have been like "well he's been ok I guess, but if he hates Villa than nah for me mate", but honestly that's just coping mechanism. this kid clearly has talent.

Did well when he came on, show some great composure, skill and drive at times, but also battled well and used his strength at times, it's a shame we have Liverpool next otherwise I think there would have been a strong argument for him starting in Ramsey's absence. Either way after today I think he's shown that he's deserving of some more minutes before the season ends.

If we can convince him to stay would be one of the biggest signings of the summer.

• Like 4

I've given him a hard time ( Possibly in part due to contract situation and not knowing where his head is at ) but he looked really good when he came on.

Probably the first time I've REALLY seen him on the go.

In a balanced team he can possibly be very good.

• Like 2

He looked very good on Saturday. Pleased to see him drive at players. The lad Cleary has confidence and composure, that was also clear when he came on against Leicester at home. Would like to see more of him as he's obviously a talent. 

Thought he played really well when he came on. It’s more of what we’ve seen the last couple of years for the under 23s. 

Him signing a new contract would be great news, and anyone saying otherwise has either not seen enough of him, or just doesn’t want to get hurt again, understandably. 

I know it’s from a pretty small sample size (216 minutes), but he actually had the highest xG + xA per 90 minutes (0.64) in the league for us this season. He turned 18 during this season, I don’t think that’s appreciated quite enough. 

It would be huge for him to sign a new contract, and I hope he starts at least one more game this season to encourage him to do so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich192 said:

Thought he played really well when he came on. It’s more of what we’ve seen the last couple of years for the under 23s. 

Him signing a new contract would be great news, and anyone saying otherwise has either not seen enough of him, or just doesn’t want to get hurt again, understandably. 

I know it’s from a pretty small sample size (216 minutes), but he actually had the highest xG + xA per 90 minutes (0.64) in the league for us this season. He turned 18 during this season, I don’t think that’s appreciated quite enough. 

It would be huge for him to sign a new contract, and I hope he starts at least one more game this season to encourage him to do so. 

Not sure what the issue with his contract his, obviously heard a lot of different rumours so no idea what to believe.  But if his issue is game time, surely he could sign a contract with increased salary with the promise of a suitable loan would be found for him? And I don't mean a loan for a few months to a Championship team, but a high profile loan to either Germany or Italy where is is guaranteed first team football at a decent level.

I am stil hopeful.

The lad needs to stay with us.

A break through goal, would work wonders, for us all.

Edited by TRO

Â