Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

19 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Rewatch highlights and extended highlights. 

When we score, they pan to the bench and the person on the bench going crazy the most is always Carney: he's right into it and is delighted for his team mates. 

Those peddling the 'he doesn't want to be here' line... I'm just not seeing it in his body language. 

Look at Rafinha last night, had the body language of a wet cat shit. 

Yes there's a sticking point with his new contract, but that could be a lot of things, his attitude cannot be questioned imo. 

Probably same folks that said Watkins doesn't celebrate or Buendia didn't want to be here 😂

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

How many times do I have to say this on this thread. 

He is NOT acting in any way like "Billy Big Balls". Every single piece of footage we have of him shows him with a positive smiling attitude, celebrating with team mate and training hard. He's never sulked on the bench or put in 50% on the pitch. 

He, like every other promising player his age, is assessing his options as his club are stacked in his position before committing long term to a new contract. He is perfectly entitled to do that. 

Nah mate, he's got to sign a contract for life and even then he'll get dogs abuse after a bad game in maybe his 15th senior appearance and be called "a League 1 player at best".

EDIT: Something I just realised/stumbled upon. He was actually born in Austria.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He is NOT acting in any way like "Billy Big Balls". Every single piece of footage we have of him shows him with a positive smiling attitude, celebrating with team mate and training hard. He's never sulked on the bench or put in 50% on the pitch. 

He, like every other promising player his age, is assessing his options as his club are stacked in his position before committing long term to a new contract. He is perfectly entitled to do that. 

I actually think the issue is his advisors and not him. Not really sure what they are expecting at his age but they seem to be giving him poor advice 

I think we will sell him in the summer though if he doesn't sign but his agents might find the next club not so willing 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Yes we have to get 9 more points than them, a task made easier by the fact that we play a game more than them and have an opportunity of picking up 3 points against them. They also have to play Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and City in their run-in, plus potential European games that they need to juggle their small squad for. If we do our part (ie: Burnley and West Ham), we only need to get 3 more points than them in a very similar run-in. Again, not exactly impossible is it? 

Yes, almost impossible.  You make it sound so simple but as I pointed out the points we require would be title winning run just to beat them having a very average points haul.  

So them having a very average points haul against the big teams while us having a title winning run against the big teams, yep that is very unrealistic.  We obviously go for it but I expect us to get low to mid 50 points, the other teams will easily hit that.

I think the last three wins have some fans being over optimistic and we’ve beaten some mid table teams recently but doing the same against the big boys is going to be hard.  

We are a midtable team, standing midtable for a reason, we have to make sure we make 9th are ours and if lucky sneak 8th but no way both Wolves and West Ham fall away badly that we get 7th.  We also have to make sure we don’t slip to bottom half at seasons end.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I actually think the issue is his advisors and not him. Not really sure what they are expecting at his age but they seem to be giving him poor advice 

I think we will sell him in the summer though if he doesn't sign but his agents might find the next club not so willing 

His advisors will take a percentage cut from him so will want him to move to the club that gives him the highest bonus and wage

Everything else will be irrelevant 

The whole thing needs binning off

And I completely agree, it will be them not him and I think worryingly we've seen this before and too many fans are willing to chuck the kid under the bus 

At best I hope its just waiting for his profile to rise so that he can negotiate from a stronger position, in theory if we sign coutinho and a few others in the summer then the average wage at the club goes up, rising tide raises all boats kind of thing and in 21/22 a squad player with 10 appearances under his belt gets £x but in 22/23 a squad player with 20 appearances gets say 10% more

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

His advisors will take a percentage cut from him so will want him to move to the club that gives him the highest bonus and wage

Everything else will be irrelevant 

The whole thing needs binning off

And I completely agree, it will be them not him and I think worryingly we've seen this before and too many fans are willing to chuck the kid under the bus 

At best I hope its just waiting for his profile to rise so that he can negotiate from a stronger position, in theory if we sign coutinho and a few others in the summer then the average wage at the club goes up, rising tide raises all boats kind of thing and in 21/22 a squad player with 10 appearances under his belt gets £x but in 22/23 a squad player with 20 appearances gets say 10% more

That’s exactly it though… they are advisors… They are only advising as long as it’s good for them…

Ultimately, it would be down to him to say if he wants to stay or go… They don’t force his hand to sign a contract - if he really wanted to stay, that contract would have been signed ages ago and this wouldn’t be an issue…

If he doesn’t want to sign and it’s all a bit too much for him to make a decision without needing sycophants to make his mind up for him, **** him off

Edited by DJ_Villain
Autocorrect

On 11/03/2022 at 16:04, Rightdm00 said:

We are talking about generational wealth here. The type of money that can lift a whole family to a higher level of comfort. He deserves til the summer before we start trying to bin him. If this was your kid you would advise the same. 

but its not our kid.

but it is our football club, so I will be backing them.....There are other highly talented academy starlets, who maybe feel the same as him, but choose to work hard and try and reach the necessary level.

They haven't made it, until they Have made it....if he thinks the grass is greener elsewhere, its a gamble for him to make.

They will make the right decision for the club as a whole, when the time is right for the club.

I can't really comment on the situation as I don't know enough.....but the club comes first for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Well said. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Man City bought a very posh private school - if you join them and you're eleven, you're guaranteed an education

Shame they  haven't got an adult education facility. Be great for Jack.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

You’d hope the kid is well advised. It’s not beyond the realms of impossibility that we could make a push for the europa league. He would certainly play games then. I don’t understand his end game here. Go to city or Arsenal to sit on their bench too ?

More like go to Dortmund and get 20+ games next year and probably become a full time starter the year after that. 

12 hours ago, paul514 said:

I'm fed up of the lad acting like he is billy big balls.

He is a youth player who hasn't made it yet, he gets game time to develop....

Attitude and lack of gratitude stinks.

He's still under contract it's not like he's forcing his way out. He jist hasn't signed a new contract because the terms are either not to his liking or he doesn't think we will give him enough game time. 

3 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy now plays in Cyprus. Let that be a warning to Carney.

They are 2 different calibre of players. Chukwuemeka is wanted by pretty much every club in the world. Same with bidace. And for Murphy he still made his money, he signed a long term deal but got unlcuky with injuries that ruined him

Â