Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Didn't Barcelona pay compensation to West Brom for Barry? They had a dispute that it wasn't enough.

If you are under 18 and have not signed a professional contract then its a FIFA rule that clubs have to pay compensation. For Carney we will only get compensation if he goes to an English team

Fabio Carvalho transfer will indicate what we will get in a tribunal as well. Liverpool are agreeing 8 million with Fulham and Carvalho has done a lot more at senior level

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

You're incorrect. Google Ings move to Liverpool as an example. As long as the player has come through the academy, is offered a new contract by his club and is 24 or under there is compensation owed 

interesting. never knew that.

41 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Gerrard’s spoken publicly about the contract negotiation stand off so we know there’s an issue. Admittedly we don’t know if the sticking point is money or just playing time but either way I think fans have a right to be suspicious of a player appearing to push for a move so early on his career when they’ve basically proven nothing at PL level. Stinks of arrogance tbh.

he may well be the next grealish in which case good luck to him. Or he’ll be a Delfouneso, bannan, carruthers etc and we’ll have forgotten who he was in a few years time. Only time will tell but I find it strange that he’s already acting like he’s too good for the current situation he’s in based on minimal evidence 

i dont personally

the pushing for a move stuff is to my knowledge based on one tedious link from a local rag, i've explained before that money to me it makes sense for him to wait, the more he plays the more he earns the longer he waits the higher our average wage goes up, signing a big contract at 17 or 18 or 19 or as a youth team player or as a sub or as a starter i would guess makes a huge difference so he has time and thats just sensible, signs a 5 year deal for £5k as an 17 year old youth prospect, signs a £10k deal as an 18 year old sub or a £20k deal as a starter...which one would you go for? doesnt mean he wants out, just means the timing of when he signs the contract is potentially worth more than a million pound to him and he's not daft

if he signs the £20k a week deal at 19 rather than the £5k a week deal at 17 then he'll be a lot better off than delfouneso and carruthers for example if he doesnt ever make it, that's not arrogance 

not sure why people instantly react negatively to it, there's not a fat lot in this - i think the stand off is purely role and age and with time both go up meaning the money should go up with it, its a sound logic

• Like 1

I feel this would be a huge blow to the club if we were to lose Carney. He’s better now than Grealish was at that age and provided he stays on the straight and narrow, it’s likely he will become a very, very good player (he’s still 8 years away from his prime). 

We’ve invested a lot into the lad so it would be a huge blow to lose him now. We need to really, really work hard to get him to sign. 

• Like 2

As me said previously I think the big thing with Chukwuemeka is that he just wants to play football, I remember during lockdown and then in pre-season before this season he was making a lot of posts on social media about how he's missing playing, and then when you watch the rare occasions he plays for the U23s this season you can see how happy he is to be involved, there's no sense that he thinks it's beneath him now he's been with the first team for a while.

If we can involve him more between now and the end of the season I think that would help us to keep him, if he's hardly going to get any minutes then I could understand him wondering if he might be better of elsewhere, he's one of the best youth players in the country, if we don't give him game time there will be other clubs that would, people talk about him thinking he's good enough to play for this and that big club, but I don't think he'd go to another club where he wouldn't get anymore game time than does here, if he was to leave I think he'd probably more likely end up somewhere like Southampton or Crystal Palace, both of whom are getting a reputation for playing youngsters.

His contract doesn't end until October next year so need to panic yet, I think something will get sorted out in the summer.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, useless said:

As me said previously I think the big thing with Chukwuemeka is that he just wants to play football, I remember during lockdown and then in pre-season before this season he was making a lot of posts on social media about how he's missing playing, and then when you watch the rare occasions he plays for the U23s this season you can see how happy he is to be involved, there's no sense that he thinks it's beneath him now he's been with the first team for a while.

If we can involve him more between now and the end of the season I think that would help us to keep him, if he's hardly going to get any minutes then I could understand him wondering if he might be better of elsewhere, he's one of the best youth players in the country, if we don't give him game time there will be other clubs that would, people talk about him thinking he's good enough to play for this and that big club, but I don't think he'd go to another club where he wouldn't get anymore game time than does here, if he was to leave I think he'd probably more likely end up somewhere like Southampton or Crystal Palace, both of whom are getting a reputation for playing youngsters.

His contract doesn't end until October next year so need to panic yet, I think something will get sorted out in the summer.

The biggest challenge is how stocked we are in those 10 or forward player roles. Gerrard makes a big point about the best players playing no matter the age. Right now he isn’t better than Coutinho, Buendia, Bailey or Traore. 

If he could play as an 8 I think he’d get more chances but I’m not sure he’s there yet, he may well end up as an 8 but I don’t see it this season. 

So what I’m saying is there is plenty of reason to think he won’t get many chances to start and therefore you can understand if another decent team comes along and offers him a better development path. That would be a shame, but who knows if he’ll go on to be a big player. May well do but a long way for him to go. 

He played as an 8 for our U23s, and he's plays there for England youth, in fact he played as a 8 tonight and wore the No.8 shirt. I think if we play a system that doesn't rely on the 8s covering for the fullbacks, then Carney Chukwuemeka could play there for us.

17 minutes ago, useless said:

He played as an 8 for our U23s, and he's plays there for England youth, in fact he played as a 8 tonight and wore the No.8 shirt. I think if we play a system that doesn't rely on the 8s covering for the fullbacks, then Carney Chukwuemeka could play there for us.

Agreed that I see that as a long term position for him, I’m just not sure Gerrard sees him as someone he trusts to play that role at PL level (yet).

• Like 1

The premier league midfield is an unforgiving place, especially if you are a young player who is playing for a team that doesnt have the majority of possession. He is a luxury player , in that he has the talent . He also has the application but at the moment he doesnt have the aggressiveness and bite to play as an 8 for us. It will come but it takes time to adjust. It really is a question of whether he has representation that understands this and isnt going to push him into German football where he will get more time on the ball to do the things he is really good at . 

• Like 2

Â