Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

I wonder if he's heard the tragedy of Bobby Duncan. It's not a story many agents will tell you.

Didn’t realise he is Gerrard’s cousin - Shame but sounds like bad advice and ego have derailed his career before it even started… A warning to Carney hopefully, but feel his heart is set On a move to Germany to follow Bellingham & Sancho… 

On 14/03/2022 at 12:24, AntrimBlack said:

I don't think he looks ready for the PL.

I think he needs, and would benefit from, a loan to a CH side.

That's what we were saying about ramsey last season. And Chukwuemeka has made a greater impact than ramsey did last year this year. He's had a great assist against Norwich and he played a big part in ramseys goal against united as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

That's what we were saying about ramsey last season. And Chukwuemeka has made a greater impact than ramsey did last year this year. He's had a great assist against Norwich and he played a big part in ramseys goal against united as well. 

Almost scored against Man City too, but a great save kept him out. Needs to do that more often which I’m sure will come with experience 

A talent, but unproven at the highest level. Does some good stuff but inconsistent, because of his age. The speculation about his future is based on rumour. However if he allows himself to be misguided by his agent then he should go elsewhere. If he is as good as he thinks he is, or as good as he has been told he is by his agent then he should prove it at the club that has nurtured him. Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that now, they hold the current club to ransom, it’s a shame and it’s wrong. Personally I think he should leave. He has done nothing in the first team to back up the hype around him. Yes he could go on to be a world beater but more likely he will grind out a career in a lower premiere league team or poor European league at best. Wouldn’t be missed.

On 18/03/2022 at 18:03, MotoMkali said:

And Chukwuemeka has made a greater impact than ramsey did last year this year.

Nope, definitely not. And plenty of people rated Ramsey last season.

Edited by Tom13

On 18/03/2022 at 18:49, thabucks said:

Didn’t realise he is Gerrard’s cousin - Shame but sounds like bad advice and ego have derailed his career before it even started… A warning to Carney hopefully, but feel his heart is set On a move to Germany to follow Bellingham & Sancho… 

Apparently thats what his agent was pushing as the negotiation tactic that he was Gerrard cousin.. Last I heard he was in Derby B team

• Thanks 1

On 18/03/2022 at 19:03, MotoMkali said:

Has he though? I hope Chukwuemeka comes good bit except an assist against Norwich he has been a bit meh

Is potential there but needs knuckle down. I personally see him leaving this summer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Collomosse is generally on the ball, if he does go hopefully we will get a half decent fee and sell on clause. Would rather see him go to Dortmund and develop than go to another PL team.

Yeah, sell him to Dortmund and get a sell on clause. They have the luxury of playing these young players regularly to develop them.

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I can't say I'll be gutted to see him go. He may well become a world beater but I've not taken to him at all so far.

Yeah he may develop into that, but we can't afford to be playing him to develop him. We don't have the time to focus on him over other players who are better right now in those positions

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Collomosse is generally on the ball, if he does go hopefully we will get a half decent fee and sell on clause. Would rather see him go to Dortmund and develop than go to another PL team.

even the 'on the ball' journos follow the same rule: either made up info, stolen from other journos or, most likely, info from agents. it's been suspected before that carney's agent is playing a game here and i remain 100% convinced that he's the one releasing this info

i'm really concerned that he's being poorly advised.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah he may develop into that, but we can't afford to be playing him to develop him. We don't have the time to focus on him over other players who are better right now in those positions

I'm all for developing youth players, but not one that's threatening to bugger off given the opportunity.

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'm all for developing youth players, but not one that's threatening to bugger off given the opportunity.

Well if we get good money for him it's not so bad. We can sell him this summer if he doesn't want to sign a new contract or we keep him next season play him, hope he wants to stay and if not he leaves and we agree a fee with whatever club he then joins. It rarely goes to the tribunal as the clubs normally agree the fee rather than let the tribunal set it. Sell on clauses are normally included in the tribunal decisions so they can be added between the clubs.

Remember this is after he is out of contract and joining another club. The rules apply to players 24 and younger leaving the club who developed them.

Firstly, any top club that isn't monitoring him are idiots, so tweets like the Dortmund one above don't bother me at all. Secondly, we're only getting rumour and hearsay about his situation other than that talks are progressing. I guess we'll know more concrete info in the summer. At which point he'll have a year left on his deal and we'll have to act either way. For now I'm not worried in the slightest.

• Like 2

Also if he leaves next summer after his contract expires and say 5+ clubs are interested. Say he wants to go to Dortmund and they are in the middle of the pack in terms of compensation offered. The tribunal will take into account the clubs willing to pay the largest compensation to us when setting the fee. So even if he doesn't sign a new contract in summer we don't have to sell him we can hope he changes his mind next season if he gets more game time. If he does get that and still wants to leave we will have more suiters and get a higher compensation and fee. Dortmund would be the best option for us as we would get a nice 10% sell on fee and they are a club who sells players.

Man City got 7mil compensation for Sancho and he had never played a single minute for the first team. They then got 11.2m from the 15% sell on clause when Dortmund sold to United.

Edited by CVByrne

The Sancho example is an important one. He wanted assurances over first team playing time in his new contract and City weren't going to agree to that. I wouldn't be surprised if Carney and his Agent are following that path set out by Sancho. Some clubs are willing to put into his contract guarantees of playing time minutes where we are not willing to do that. 

I'd say this is where the impasse is really. 

Â