Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

I thought Sanson would have been a better option tbh. Push McGinn on and have Sanson alongside Luiz. I didn't think it was a game for him to be fair as we lacked control. 

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 3

we need to give him time tbh.

I remember when JJ first came in to the team, he was really poor at times, good others, he said himself he needed time to settle and get used to the PL, look at him now.

Chuka will be having the same adjustments, and tbh he is doing ok while getting used to the mens game.

only prob is the contract i suppose tho, maybe he is getting on more recently to try to convince him to sign, hopefully he will, but if he doesnt, i would try to get as much as possible for him in the summer (ie: good price with a sell on % or something).

Would prefer if he stayed ofc, but i also wouldnt want to lose him for effectively nothing in 18 months.

I thought he looked good when he came on, had some bright moments without every finding the big one. 

It's sometimes worth remembering that he's still only eighteen - at the age he is now, Jacob Ramsey was yet to make an appearance for the first team, Coutinho had played five times for Vasco De Gama in the Brazilian Second division,  - he's well ahead of most players in terms of his development path.

I think he's progressing nicely - a contract would help.

• Like 1

Thought he was completely ineffectual. Not really expecting anything from him yet unless these contract rumours are true, in which case he can pack his bags if he thinks he’s good enough to be playing more regularly. 

He looks great for his age but he isn't grabbing the bull by the horns.

He needs to sign a long term deal and go out on loan or progress naturally at the club, no way is he ready to rip it up in the Premier League

6 hours ago, El Zen said:

I think he’ll be a cracking player and was happy for him to come on when Buendia had to come off, but I can’t help thinking tonight would have ended differently if we had Emi for the final 30 mins instead of Chuk. Didn’t really get in the game - which is fair for a young man like Carney. He’s very much still learning. 

I think we weren’t good wether with Emi or without in the second half. Once Coutinho went out it was hard to expect anything as no creativity and nothing to expect from Watkins as well these days.

Chuck was the only creative player and had some nice plays. So to have the faith in him, that’s a real good sign.   

People usually judge youngsters that they aren’t ready but even experienced players take time to adjust and need minutes to build confidence. 

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

He needs to sign a long term deal and go out on loan or progress naturally at the club, no way is he ready to rip it up in the Premier League

Would you rather Trez/El Ghazi coming of bench or him? Even if we took the factor that he’s really young? 

I agree on the second part that he needs to sign the contract and depending on our squad next season we look at sending him on loan or keep him.

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Flashback from the Ramsey thread 

Edit - unfair to pick your comment out cos there's a few of them - but the ineffective, no impact stuff is exactly what was said about Ramsey for his first 10-15 appearances 

Chuk will hopefully be exactly the same and this time next year we're buzzing

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, supermon said:

One thing that frustrated me was that he didn't busy a gut to get back,

He doesn't bust a gut full stop. He just drifts around the pitch. That's fine at U20's when you are miles better than everyone else but it won't cut it at premier league level.

It’s a learning curve for him - you cannot come on and influence the game in the way you hope. He’s still only 18 and whilst I was surprised at the sub last night - I think there’s confidence to take in what Gerrard sees in him. It was a weird game last night. 

Â