Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Earnt himself some more money after tonight.  If he hasn't signed already, he won't change his mind after that performance which turned the game around. Whether we offered him enough or not,  we probably now need to go back with an even higher offer if we want to keep him. 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Earnt himself some more money after tonight.  If he hasn't signed already, he won't change his mind after that performance which turned the game around. Whether we offered him enough or not,  we probably now need to go back with an even higher offer if we want to keep him. 

Exactly, surely his advisors know the longer he holds out the more he becomes the real deal and earns the ‘right’ amount

13 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Looked to be happy and enjoying himself to.

In fairness to him he always does, he looks like he enjoys himself at the club and he's got a lot of friends here. 

In my opinion, and it's not based on more than guesswork based on what I'm looking at, we have a player that's happy to be here and an agent that's trying to make some money - in all the scenarios where people talk about him moving, it never seems to quite add up from a footballing perspective, the only driver seems to be the agent.

Does anyone know who Carney's agent is?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness to him he always does, he looks like he enjoys himself at the club and he's got a lot of friends here. 

In my opinion, and it's not based on more than guesswork based on what I'm looking at, we have a player that's happy to be here and an agent that's trying to make some money - in all the scenarios where people talk about him moving, it never seems to quite add up from a footballing perspective, the only driver seems to be the agent.

Does anyone know who Carney's agent is?

Yes he does, I don’t think there’s that much to the situation to be honest.

He's be one of the 4x number 10's for next season for me - Buendia, Coutinho, Bailey and Chuk. All can offer something a little different to each other. 

10 minutes ago, WHY said:

Was it me or did he look like he had more about him when coming on tonight. He looked hungry, wanted the ball, looked stronger and more confident than he has in previous cameos. 

Definitely the best I've seen him at this level but that wasn't hard to improve on

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Shocked 1

IMO he needs to be in the mix every game.  I don't expect him to start most games, but he should be one of the first one off the bench when healthy.  I'm honestly wondering if Gerard will consider occasionally going with a false 9 when we are healthy.  Ings and Watkins were pretty brutal today and clearly do not work well together.... but again, back to Carney, IMO he should be involved in most, if not all games in some way shape or form... and we need to get him to sign.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes he does, I don’t think there’s that much to the situation to be honest.

I’m surprised we are still talking about it. Everyone close to it just said “there’s no story here, he has 18 months to run, he just wants to wait and see how he progresses.”

I doubt he will sign anything before the summer and that’s fine. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Oh I wondered what your angle was with the sudden praise ;) 

I've never seen him play at this level of performance.

What he showed today was levels above anything we've seen from him in the past.

Confidence, Power, Flair, Passing. This guy got it all

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I dont think he would have been played if he wasnt going to sign a new deal. I think tonight was a hopeful sign.

I think he’s being played to persuade him to sign a new contract.  

Just my opinion, I don’t think he will sign one

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

IMO he needs to be in the mix every game.  I don't expect him to start most games, but he should be one of the first one off the bench when healthy.  I'm honestly wondering if Gerard will consider occasionally going with a false 9 when we are healthy.  Ings and Watkins were pretty brutal today and clearly do not work well together.... but again, back to Carney, IMO he should be involved in most, if not all games in some way shape or form... and we need to get him to sign.

Bailey could play the false 9

• Like 1

Â