Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

That was a great assist, great control to begin with, then to get past the Norwich player, and finally good technical ability with is weaker foot to assist Watkins. I notice that Gerrard praised his work off the ball in his interview as well.

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Young has been a fantastic signing but was not signed to be playing 3 PL games  in a week. He cannot start against Burnley surely?? 

I love Ashley...  think it's been an outstanding signing, especially with SG sort of deputizing him, just don't necessarily like him starting week in and week out and didn't like his game today.

I'd like to think he won't start this Saturday, but if he doesn't I'm not sure Carney is the first option in even though I'd like him to be.  It'll be interesting to see what happens...  Covid/knocks etc making things interesting to be sure.

It's rare that a player comes in with the consistent end product firing and ready to go, but perhaps lacking a bit in other areas. The other stuff is much easier to work on. 

He's going to be a superstar. As with Grealish, who perhaps weirdly given his skillset lacked the end product,  I've no doubt in my mind that it's just a case of when not if.  

• Like 1

Just now, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

I love Ashley...  think it's been an outstanding signing, especially with SG sort of deputizing him, just don't necessarily like him starting week in and week out and didn't like his game today.

I'd like to think he won't start this Saturday, but if he doesn't I'm not sure Carney is the first option in even though I'd like him to be.  It'll be interesting to see what happens...  Covid/knocks etc making things interesting to be sure.

Usually I would say that Sanson would start as one of the 8’s and JJ would move up to one of the 10 spots. 

But with covid forcing players out it may be an opportunity for Carney to start. Getting an assist tonight won’t have harmed his chances. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Brilliant cross. He's put back spin on it. That's why Norwich thought was offside

And thats how he always crosses when i have seen him play for the yout. He wraps his foot all the way round it. Allows him to get alot of control over how fast it comes in 

It was definitely a cross, didn't look anything like a shot, you can see the way he shaped his foot and where he made contact on the ball that it was intended for Watkins. Probably a more difficult piece of play than it looked as well, a lot of players wouldn't have thought to put that much pace on the pass, which as well as meaning it had a better chance of reaching Watkins also meant it was easier for him to score.

Not sure who it was, maybe Targett, but great pass to Chukwuemeka in the first place.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

Â