Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Have you seen Edouard play? Not being snarky, genuine question.

Not much. Try to avoid watching that one horse race. 

Tried to do some more research after we started getting links on here mind. Reminds me of Kodjia. 

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not much. Try to avoid watching that one horse race. 

Tried to do some more research after we started getting links on here mind. Reminds me of Kodjia. 

Quite literally the only thing he has in common with Kodjia is the twattish plaster cast he wears on his hand as I'm assuming you've based the above on his latest youtube offering only......

If you genuinely think he plays like Jonathan Kodjia, then no one on here can help you... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Okey seems this is difficult to grasp, but all I'm saying is that the success stories from the SPL involves a big risk, as they are playing in a really poor league and there's no guarantee they will handle the championship, nevermind the PL. 

I'd be far more comfortable about Watkins that has shown he's able to hold his own in the championship, than a striker that's doing well for Celtic and the SPL. Doing well in for Celtic in that league doesn't say a whole lot. 

Maybe he'll make the step up and be worth the risk, but at the quoted £ 30-40 million fee you can probably sign 2 players else where with the same amount of risk involved. 

I'm not utterly sold on Watkins either, but at least based on where he has performed to a high level before, he's got a better CV than this Celtic bloke. 

I'm not sure you know that mind, cause you literally said otherwise. Thus I pointed it out. 

In the end it's just about Deano for me. He needs to get the players he wants, whoever they are. And I will support that. But we also got X amounts of money available for transfers, so we need to be smart about it. 

What a patronising load of shite. Watkins has played 1 year as a striker. 1 year. A good year but 1 **** year. He's had what 2 or 3 years playing for (apart from last season) a midtable championship side. 

Edouard has scored goals wherever he has been. Including 35 in 42 for all levels of French youth teams and goals in Europe too. 

He's the type of signing we don't make, scores a shit load of goals for a side like Southampton then we moan because we never get these types of players. It's ok though because we signed Watkins with his 1 year experience as playing as a striker in the championship over a full career with lots of goals for Édouard. 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Quite literally the only thing he has in common with Kodjia is the twattish plaster cast he wears on his hand as I'm assuming you've based the above on his latest youtube offering only......

If you genuinely think he plays like Jonathan Kodjia, then no one on here can help you... 

Didn't even notice he had that, but whatever makes you feel better. 

He looks like Kodjia as he has the same lanky movements, dribbles, relatively quick feet and goes wide to move in on the goal. As someone called him suited for counter attacking I couldn't see that at all. He doesn't look like that kind of player to me. Just like Kodjia wasn't in my book. 

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Didn't even notice he had that, but whatever makes you feel better. 

He looks like Kodjia as he has the same lanky movements, dribbles, relatively quick feet and goes wide to move in on the goal. As someone called him suited for counter attacking I couldn't see that at all. He doesn't look like that kind of player to me. Just like Kodjia wasn't in my book. 

Except this guy is rapid and can actually pass as well as being an exceptional finisher. 

Kodjia was as slower than my gran, wouldn't pass the ball even if you threatened his family with death and was actually a pretty poor finisher truth be told. 

But yeah, they're identical mate

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

What a patronising load of shite. Watkins has played 1 year as a striker. 1 year. A good year but 1 **** year. He's had what 2 or 3 years playing for (apart from last season) a midtable championship side. 

Edouard has scored goals wherever he has been. Including 35 in 42 for all levels of French youth teams and goals in Europe too. 

He's the type of signing we don't make, scores a shit load of goals for a side like Southampton then we moan because we never get these types of players. It's ok though because we signed Watkins with his 1 year experience as playing as a striker in the championship over a full career with lots of goals for Édouard. 🙄

Hear hear!

Our fans will never change. I've mentioned something similar before in this thread and got shot down. The guys disregarding Celtic like they are miles below us. 😂

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's tough talk for someone inventing statements and putting words into people's mouths. Then afterwards also admits to it. Top stuff. 

No comment on the rest of the post? No? Ok....

You're clearly set against the idea of signing virtually anyone we've been linked with (hence why I'm trying to second guess what you want), so you're going to have an unhappy summer and season (in footballing terms). 

Me? I'd rather remain positive and trust in Smith after everything he's done in his time at this club. I won't whinge about everything.

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That site is absolute click bait trash

It really isn't. Its a subscription service, they won't make money from people clicking on a link. 

They make money from subscriptions. Overall I find the athletic to be very good.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It really isn't. Its a subscription service, they won't make money from people clicking on a link. 

They make money from subscriptions. Overall I find the atheltic to be very good.

I would happily subscribe if they could just find a better Villa correspondent. The other articles I read are mostly very insightful and well written. To be fair to Gregg, his are usually well written, they just offer no insight at all.