Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Peterborough chairman made the claim on his youtube channel just after the January window closed, at the time the bottom five were Norwich, Watford, West Ham, Villa, Bournemough and Brighton, so I'm guessing it would be one of those teams, Palace at that point were six points clear, Newcastle were in tenth place.

1 hour ago, useless said:

We're being linked with re-signing Pierluigi Gollini, AC Milan and Tottenham also linked.

There is a follow up article to that one where he is basically saying he hated England, and has no interest in being here... So.

Also said at Villa he felt like there was no "group" or family vibe, just felt like coming into the office etc.

Said something along the lines of "Yes it is many players dreams to be in the Premier League, I never said it was mine".

So basically, absolute non starter.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

No thanks Chris.

Look to the future....  I'd rather see us go for likes of Ebere Eze (Q.P.R.) over over-rated players with bad attitudes like Shaqiri.

Players on the way up not on the way down with far better attitudes too!

Eze would be a great signing. I've got a feeling he'll go to a London club unfortunately.

11 hours ago, useless said:

Peterborough chairman made the claim on his youtube channel just after the January window closed, at the time the bottom five were Norwich, Watford, West Ham, Villa, Bournemough and Brighton, so I'm guessing it would be one of those teams, Palace at that point were six points clear, Newcastle were in tenth place.

I'd like to think that it might have been us then. Players like Toney and Eze look to have the potential to double their current value, if they are able to continue their development at a bigger club and in the PL. 

• Like 1

If we are still in the premier league next season, we have to start showing some ambition with our signings, start going for players that are a level above muchoftheones we already have. Can't keep relying on championship players, and bargains from Belgium if we want to start progressing

• Like 2

Back on the subject of Toney, a month or so back I watched a documentary on the iplayer about racism in football, and they talked about that chant with racial stereotyping that some of our fans had been singing about our players, he (Toney) was being interviewed talking about why it's wrong, and we were featured in the footage of that section. Did make me wonder that if we ever did try to sign him, whether that would give him second thoughts.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, useless said:

If we are still in the premier league next season, we have to start showing some ambition with our signings, start going for players that are a level above muchoftheones we already have. Can't keep relying on championship players, and bargains from Belgium if we want to start progressing

Players from Championship and Belgium are fine if they're good enough.

Players from anywhere or any division are fine if they're good enough. But if you're relying entirely on players from inferior leagues then you aren't going to progress. Whichever way you wrap it up, if we stay up we're going to need to sign better quality than we did last summer.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, useless said:

Back on the subject of Toney, a month or so back I watched a documentary on the iplayer about racism in football, and they talked about that chant with racial stereotyping that some of our fans had been singing about our players, he (Toney) was being interviewed talking about why it's wrong, and we were featured in the footage of that section. Did make me wonder that if we ever did try to sign him, whether that would give him second thoughts.

I’d take him, he looks he’s ready to step up to me, Newcastle probably regret letting him go now

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, useless said:

Players from anywhere or any division are fine if they're good enough. But if you're relying entirely on players from inferior leagues then you aren't going to progress. Whichever way you wrap it up, if we stay up we're going to need to sign better quality than we did last summer.

I'm not sure whether players will even be allowed to travel from country to country to sign for clubs any time soon.  

Toney looks a good player from the highlights that I've seen, trouble is if we stay up I don't think we'd be in for him, and if we go down there's a good chance that we will still have Wesley, Davis and Samatta, so pretty strong for the championship, and if we were to sign an additional centre-forward to go with those, I'd imagine it would be someone who's already shown that they can score goals in the championship, so maybe we would be more likely to go for someone like the aforementioned Karlan Grant, who's proven at championship level, and did okay stats wise in the premier league as well, he's also younger than Toney.

Edited by useless

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Toney looks a good player from the highlights that I've seen, trouble is if we stay up I don't think we'd be in for him, and if we go down there's a good chance that we will still have Wesley, Davis and Samatta, so pretty strong for the championship, and if we were to sign an additional centre-forward to go with those, I'd imagine it would be someone who's already shown that they can score goals in the championship, so maybe we would be more likely to go for someone like the aforementioned Karlan Grant, who's proven at championship level, and did okay stats wise in the premier league as well.

I think you are spot on and you phrased it well, who would you sign to play up front if we stay up?

Maybe we could get Tammy Abraham back. Which might seem overly ambitious, and it probably is, but I do think that now that Chelsea's ban has been lifted they will start spending money again, and probably on a top centre forward, they will probably be expecting more as well which will mean more pressure on Lampard which if he doesn't deliver could lead to him losing his job, which could mean less game time for Abraham under a new manager.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Maybe we could get Tammy Abraham back. Which might seem overly ambitious, and it probably is, but I do think that now that Chelsea's ban has been lifted they will start spending money again, and probably on a top centre forward, they will probably be expecting more as well which will mean more pressure on Lampard which if he doesn't deliver could lead to him losing his job, which could mean less game time for Abraham under a new manager.

I think that is a bit too ambitious, Abraham has scored 15 Premier League goals for Chelsea this season. He is their number one striker now I think, I’m proud to say he played for us. He’ll be a great striker for Chelsea and England I think

I don't know whether he would be an unrealistic target, and I still don't know how/why he hasn't left Sassuolo yet but Domenico Berardi has always interested me. Feels like he is continuously linked with some of the bigger teams yet never ends up moving 

9 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I don't know whether he would be an unrealistic target, and I still don't know how/why he hasn't left Sassuolo yet but Domenico Berardi has always interested me. Feels like he is continuously linked with some of the bigger teams yet never ends up moving 

Clubs are put off because he is a bit of a hot head, he picks up too many cards and some of them very stupid

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

For 1-2 years I'd say Kevin Gamiero would be a nice pick up.

He has been a regular for Valencia this season (ahead of Maxi Gomez) but in his 30s now so they'd probably let him go.

Gameiro is 32 mate.he cost Atletico £32Mil from Valencia in Summer of 2018.

Gomez is only 23. Better potential too  being lot younger. Good player though..

My first question to you is why would Atletico sell Gameiro to us?

Why would he choose Villa?

He wouldn't leave to Villa plus his wages  are way too high...

Wonuld never happen Chris... 

Edited by Villan4Life

Alright he plays for Valencia anyway and they have Rodrigo, Maxi and a young Korean player as other striker options so just thought they might get him off the books given his age.

Think I mentioned him before but perhaps Justin Kluivert could be looked at. Has struggled to get a regular game at Roma since joining them last summer.