Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

22 minutes ago, John said:

I hope so and I don't see any reason to doubt, that if we do stay up and need to spend that sort of money on one player, that our owners would find the funds to make it happen. I agree that bigger clubs will be in for him, should he become available and that's why I doubt we will sign him. If Leeds stay up he's likely to stay with them, as Jack did with us. If a currently bigger club comes in for him, he's also likely to choose them over us at the moment. 

For us to move forward in the future, in my opinion we need to be targeting 3 or 4 new players that will hit the ground running, at a cost of £20m-30m, rather than more at say £10m, who just might come off. There will be top players who will be available to us during the next window, who will join us, if we're prepared to pay the fee and wages, that would be necessary to make it happen. There will also be the odd diamond like John McGinn, who will cost less and can prove to be just as important a signing, if our set up is good enough to spot him.

Totally agree with this.

Last summers window was all about getting bodies in due to the amount that left.  We gambled on 5 mil...10 mil...and a couple of 20 mils and to date...we are still in with a chance of survival if the season starts up again soon. However I do think we didn't spend that wisely and could have done better...did we really need two wingers Trez and El ghazi...did we really need Hause...could we not have got Cahill in for that money...Konsa…..could we not have used some of the money spent on some of these players combining it to get a better quality of player....using a team of potential players is risky and explains why and where we are in the table and to some extent, the football we play.

Again, like most summers, this will be another big one, if we stay up and grealish stays then the board have to change its transfer policy and gamble a bit more on more expensive players...they are out there.....I hate to say it....but Wolves managed to convince the Jota's...Neves..to join in the championship....this are type of players we need to look at...fringe players from bigger clubs. 

I've seen Lallana....Dier...mentioned...yes...not the best...but would they make us better..I think they would...Its off the pitch where they would add...a winning mentality.....training with better coach's....better players...international experience....this will help our 'potential' players because at the moment...who are learning from to get better...each other...which wont cut it in the prem.

I think we are only 4 - 5 players off from being a good team who could easily finish midtable without any struggles......I think the back four and goalie are good enough...midfield is the key......we need to be tighter...more mobile and more diverse...we have too many im a winger so i play wing type of players.....up front...i like samatta...he looks lively and with good service who knows.

Having said all that...the big concern is who is buying these players...and are we just another moneyball experiment...only time will tell 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Totally agree with this.

Last summers window was all about getting bodies in due to the amount that left.  We gambled on 5 mil...10 mil...and a couple of 20 mils and to date...we are still in with a chance of survival if the season starts up again soon. However I do think we didn't spend that wisely and could have done better...did we really need two wingers Trez and El ghazi...did we really need Hause...could we not have got Cahill in for that money...Konsa…..could we not have used some of the money spent on some of these players combining it to get a better quality of player....using a team of potential players is risky and explains why and where we are in the table and to some extent, the football we play.

Again, like most summers, this will be another big one, if we stay up and grealish stays then the board have to change its transfer policy and gamble a bit more on more expensive players...they are out there.....I hate to say it....but Wolves managed to convince the Jota's...Neves..to join in the championship....this are type of players we need to look at...fringe players from bigger clubs. 

I've seen Lallana....Dier...mentioned...yes...not the best...but would they make us better..I think they would...Its off the pitch where they would add...a winning mentality.....training with better coach's....better players...international experience....this will help our 'potential' players because at the moment...who are learning from to get better...each other...which wont cut it in the prem.

I think we are only 4 - 5 players off from being a good team who could easily finish midtable without any struggles......I think the back four and goalie are good enough...midfield is the key......we need to be tighter...more mobile and more diverse...we have too many im a winger so i play wing type of players.....up front...i like samatta...he looks lively and with good service who knows.

Having said all that...the big concern is who is buying these players...and are we just another moneyball experiment...only time will tell 

4 or 5 Premier League quality players would cost well over £100m though aka the Grealish money :(

I think we need to be realistic about the cost of players, in the current market. It’s all opinion, of course, but players that we might consider good enough to take Villa to touching distance of the top 8 regulars would be costing £40-50m. With wages that would mirror the purchase cost. Remember that players such as Bellingham are being talked about in the £30m bracket. I don’t see us paying the big transfer fees and the big wages just yet, I think it’s one or the other for a couple of Premier League seasons to build solidity. If there’s a really good player available on a free then go for it with the wage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I think we need to be realistic about the cost of players, in the current market. It’s all opinion, of course, but players that we might consider good enough to take Villa to touching distance of the top 8 regulars would be costing £40-50m. With wages that would mirror the purchase cost. Remember that players such as Bellingham are being talked about in the £30m bracket. I don’t see us paying the big transfer fees and the big wages just yet, I think it’s one or the other for a couple of Premier League seasons to build solidity. If there’s a really good player available on a free then go for it with the wage. 

I think you are correct, prices of players are just ridiculous these days but that’s the world that we live in. We as fans can’t do anything about it, I see the term undisclosed fees banded about these days like there’s no tomorrow, I used to love knowing how much a player would cost but sadly, there’s nothing we can do about it as fans

44 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

4 or 5 Premier League quality players would cost well over £100m though aka the Grealish money :(

Or the value of the annual broadcast and central commercial revenue payment, we will get from the PL? Hopefully we won't be making any profitable player trading involving Jack in the transfer window. 🤞

1 minute ago, John said:

Or the value of the annual broadcast and central commercial revenue payment, we will get from the PL? Hopefully we won't be making any profitable player trading involving Jack in the transfer window. 🤞

I agree with you, I hope we don’t even think about selling him but I think that clubs will be in for him. I think it’s inevitable sadly, it will be a test of the new owner’s resolve. I hope we do keep hold of him and build the side around him, we have the foundations in place on the pitch and in the boardroom to build something special but let’s not get ahead of ourselves, we need to stay up first

• Like 1

Do other posters think we would have a chance of signing Tammy Abraham at the end of the season? He isn’t getting game time at Chelsea, he hasn’t started a Premier League match for Chelsea since Feb 1, he’s out of favour there, although he is their top goal scorer with 15 Premier League goals

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do other posters think we would have a chance of signing Tammy Abraham at the end of the season? He isn’t getting game time at Chelsea, he hasn’t started a Premier League match for Chelsea since Feb 1, he’s out of favour there, although he is their top goal scorer with 15 Premier League goals

He was injured thats why he didn't start, I am sure they either just gave him a new deal or are in discussions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Nada chance of that sir.

As @Zatman just said he's been injured since February. I had take him out my Dream Team cos of the injury.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Not really. I would love to see him back, I think the club and Tammy were made for each other. Possibly in twelve months though, if he's not been getting games at Chelsea and the progress he had been making has been stifled by them.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was injured thats why he didn't start, I am sure they either just gave him a new deal or are in discussions

An article in The Sun newspaper says he has an ankle injury, where did you see that he has an ankle injury? We should’ve gone in for him permanently last Summer, it was a privilege to watch him in a Villa shirt, not just for the way he performs on the pitch but the way he conducts himself too

10 minutes ago, John said:

Not really. I would love to see him back, I think the club and Tammy were made for each other. Possibly in twelve months though, if he's not been getting games at Chelsea and the progress he had been making has been stifled by them.

Are you saying that our club was made for Abraham? With Giroud getting on in age for a footballer and Batshuayi not in good goal scoring form for them, I wouldn’t rule out them going for another striker. Anyway, I thought I’d bring it up, I saw him being discussed on here a few pages back. It was a privilege to watch him in a Villa shirt 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Are you saying that our club was made for Abraham? With Giroud getting on in age for a footballer and Batshuayi not in good goal scoring form for them, I wouldn’t rule out them going for another striker. Anyway, I thought I’d bring it up, I saw him being discussed on here a few pages back. It was a privilege to watch him in a Villa shirt 

Perhaps he was made for us, would have been better. 😉 

• Haha 1

Chelsea are a club that will be wanting to challenge for the title, and as good as Abraham is I'm not sure if he's good enough to be the main striker for a side with that kind of ambition, he wouldn't get anywhere near the Liverpool or Man CIty sides for example, in a way he reminds me of Bent when he was Tottenham, I think now that Chelsea's transfer ban has been lifted they will be wanting to sign better than him, by which I mean a striker with a better all round game. Not sure how long Lampard will last there now that they will be expecting more, if he leaves that could also affect Abraham's future. Wouldn't be surprised if he left in the next few seasons, but whether we'd be in a position to buy him is a different matter.

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who did you put in instead?

Had Firmino for bit but ended up changing for Aubameyang

Going put Bruno Fernandes in for Adama Troare if season does restart.

I swapped Vardy for Gabriel Jesus in March as Vardy wasn't scoring as frequently after Xmas He got me lots points before Xmas. :)

jesus.jpg

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Chelsea are a club that will be wanting to challenge for the title, and as good as Abraham is I'm not sure if he's good enough to be the main striker for a side with that kind of ambition, he wouldn't get anywhere near the Liverpool or Man CIty sides for example, in a way he reminds me of Bent when he was Tottenham, I think now that Chelsea's transfer ban has been lifted they will be wanting to sign better than him, by which I mean a striker with a better all round game. Not sure how long Lampard will last there now that they will be expecting more, if he leaves that could also affect Abraham's future. Wouldn't be surprised if he left in the next few seasons, but whether we'd be in a position to buy him is a different matter.

I think he is good enough for Chelsea, it’s his boyhood club, granted he’s not as good as Aguero, at least not yet but I think he could be as good as him. Liverpool don’t really have an out and out number 9, I don’t think. I can see the comparison to Darren Bent but I think Abraham has a much better all round game and is a better finisher

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Had Firmino for bit but ended up changing for Aubameyang

Going put Bruno Fernandes in for Adama Troare if season does restart.

I swapped Vardy for Gabriel Jesus in March as Vardy wasn't scoring as frequently after Xmas He got me lots points before Xmas. :)

jesus.jpg

You must’ve had a big budget to have that team, wow

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You must’ve had a big budget to have that team, wow

Everyone only gets £50mil.  So mix and match it up Kasper Schmeichel is about £3mil in game. Think most expensive player in Sun Dream Team is Sterling at £6.8mil

Got 51 Teams in my league think i'm  currently 10th lol my missus for 2nd year running is leading my league with 1657 points so far :)  

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1