Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

33 minutes ago, deeps said:

We need a LW. We need options. It’s going to be a weird season with games so thick and fast and I’m sure we can all agree AEG is not the answer. Bear in mind Jack always, since his breakthrough, seems to miss a few weeks a season with injuries. Last season injuries really damaged us and we almost paid the ultimate price. We don’t want that this season. 

I also felt last season our downfall was we were so predictable. Having another LW with pace is something we are crying out for. 

Fluidity up top and options are a must in this league. 

Also, looking at our bench the first two games scares me. Just my opinion though  

He didn't miss a few weeks last season.

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

‘We need a LW’

Even though that’s where our best player plays and if he were to get injured we do at least have a backup already which is all we’d be signing if we went out and bought one anyway.

Perhaps I’m missing some obvious logic.

We're allowed to have more than 11 players who pick themselves in the squad. We need quality in depth, not just quality.  

• Like 3

Just now, Awol said:

We're allowed to have more than 11 players who pick themselves in the squad. We need quality in depth, not just quality.  

This. We seem to spend so much time talking about why we don't need to sign players.

If we're going to bring in players that will improve the squad I'm all for it. We can't be in a position where 1 injury to a key player can railroad the season.

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

‘We need a LW’

Even though that’s where our best player plays and if he were to get injured we do at least have a backup already which is all we’d be signing if we went out and bought one anyway.

Perhaps I’m missing some obvious logic.

Jack moved to midfield against Sheffield United when Davis came on, and it was a good tactical change. He got on the ball a lot more against a team who were sitting deep. Having him more central and more in the game against teams who defend a lot is a very good option to have, and it would be incredibly useful to have someone like Rashica who can play LW with genuine quality (presumably) at the same time. We need options and more than one plan. Not to mention we need cover for injuries.

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

I can't believe how many times this gets brought up. The aim should be at least 2 good players for every position.

1 minute ago, bose said:

For those still hoping that things are moving with Rashica, he's currently training with Werder.

So nothing new has happened like expected.

Horrible kit, looks like they're off to an oral hygiene convention. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, YouUnastanFren said:

According to their own Twitter he didn't take part in the team session and just ran laps:

... I think.

"TheoGS23 is planting shit in the Kabin again, Milot Rashica ran an individual best in the parkrun".

I think it's just general lifestyle updates tbh.

• Haha 1