Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Bournemouth fans seem to think he is shite as a DM and alright more box to box. Not that this rules him out for me as I'd prefer to leave Luiz playing deep and add physical presence further forwards.

Below is an analysis I did of the stats a few weeks ago.  Second only to Ndidi for possession adjusted defensive actions per 90 for midfielders under 25.  Nakamba also high up there.  As mentioned, he just needs more composure on the ball.

image.png.2208fc6ba0e6b2208beec7818dea21ef.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

Below is an analysis I did of the stats a few weeks ago.  Second only to Ndidi for possession adjusted defensive actions per 90 for midfielders under 25.  Nakamba also high up there.  As mentioned, he just needs more composure on the ball.

Thats brilliant and explains fully why Southgate prefers Dier to Mings at the back, somebody kill the gargantuan nosed pufta please.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Anyone take Ben Foster on a short term deal until Heaton's back fit?

He signed a 2 year contract with Watford in June, although I'm sure they would be happy for us to take him off their hands now. He would have turned out for Small Heath the Baggies and us, if that actually happened. 

Just now, John said:

He signed a 2 year contract with Watford in June, although I'm sure they would be happy for us to take him off their hands now. He would have turned out for Small Heath the Baggies and us, if that actually happened. 

Doing a Ridgewell

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MJ_1874 said:

Agree about the composure but that is huge for me. I thought Nakamba brought a lot more pressure on us by losing the ball cheaply in dangerous areas than from missing tackles. I've certainly not written him off though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

If the right deal could be done he would play for a Dean Smith type of person 100%, its that sort of club now, not a Lerner Xia Bruce joke club. 

Edit... I know, I know, complete fantasy football pipe dream 

they wouldn 't go for bale would they

4 hours ago, John said:

If Martinez goes the same way as the link to Romero, has anyone got any thoughts on less costly signings, that would be willing to move to us and could do a solid job, until Heaton is match fit? 

How about Bartosz Bialowski from Milwall or  Marko Marosi from Coventry for example? 

Would've taken Neil Etheridge from Cardiff, signing for SHA apparently.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

they wouldn 't go for bale would they

No, we wouldn't. I think we need to set our sights a little bit lower.

I can think of thousands of reasons, why he wouldn't want to join us (or most clubs in the PL) as well (although we do have the Brabazon course handy). 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would've taken Neil Etheridge from Cardiff, signing for SHA apparently.

Shocked he has sunk so low as to go there. Still time to give him an alternative and to annoy those Noses!

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I know people won't agree, but I really can't be arsed with keeper signings. I'm happy with Steer and Nyland holding the fort until Heaton returns. That's not going to be more than 4 or 5 league games. 

I would if Steer was fit and it was only going to be 4 or 5 games.