Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s hitting about 1 in 3 across half a dozen seasons in the premier league for a fairly poor side. I’d personally take the chance for a year with no transfer fee. It would also take some pressure off Watkins too.

I understand that his association with Small Heath would be too much for many though.

In 163 games excluding penalties Deeney has scored 29 goals and that is a good enough reason in itself why we should'nt and won't go near him!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Best eleven if we got all our main targets, including last season

-----------------Heaton--------------

Cash---Konsa--Mings--Targett

-----------------Phillips-------------------

---------------McGinn--Luiz---------------

Watkins-------Maupay-------Grealish

Not sure Maupay would get in.  With Rashica it would be Rashica, Watkins and Grealish. We are still waiting on other targets this window so some of the others might be at risk.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I would like us to bring in an experienced CB to play alongside Mings, and to help bring the best out of Konsa.

Much like how Leicester have done with Johnny Evans. No idea who though.

I agree, plus one injury and we are in trouble.  I’m not convinced by either Engels or Hause.

• Like 1

I don't think McGinn's spot is as nailed down as it once was. His drop off in form since injury has been startling. I'm hoping a pre season will sort him out but as he didn't start for Scotland the other night it gives me an impression he isn't quite there yet.

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

The guy also likes to roam, rather than simply hug the the touchline. He's more than capable of attacking on the other side. 

There's flexibility because Grealish can drop into Buendia's position, Buendia could move further up on the right with Benrahma switching to the left. 

They're not set in stone roles. The ability to switch is the main appeal to me. 

Ok don’t get me wrong I do want us to have a flexible attack that switches position and would love to see all these players signed... what you can’t have though is too many roamers - because then when you lose the ball and a bunch of them are on the left wing you get pulled apart down your right side. I just had flashbacks to N’Zogbia constantly being wherever he wanted to be and his fullback getting doubled up on...

As I say though I’d love either or both of those players... think if either was happening though it would have happened.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We need a BIG, commanding CM, and it seems some are intent on making it even smaller?

Isn't Buendia like 3 ft 6 ?

AMC, winger etc I guess i'd be ok with, but seriously, Buendia suggested as a CM?

Have people watched us play?

Yeah I get that, but another train of thought is you don’t necessarily need to win headers in midfield, just make sure you’re first to the ball off whoever does win the header (something along with throw ins we’ve never seemed good at). 

Wolves as an example of a good passing team with relative success don’t seem to have tall imposing midfielders, maybe I’m wrong on that, but they don’t look it (what I’ve seen of them).  Ball playing midfielders that keep hold of the ball/use it well can be far more effective than a Brute of a midfielder who’s second touch is a tackle, but get a tall, imposing, powerful, skillfull good passer then win win (hopefully we’re doing this) 

There’s also the set pieces and requiring enough tall players to chip in I guess so yeah he could be a bit short for us with the rest of our team taken into account - good call. 

12 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

In 163 games excluding penalties Deeney has scored 29 goals and that is a good enough reason in itself why we should'nt and won't go near him!!

Why are penalties excluded?

If we retain the most fouled player in the league next season then a good penalty taker would be a good thing wouldn’t it?

Even excluding penalties that’s about 8 goals a season. He’d be top scorer for us with that, with penalties to go on top. Win win.

As I said, I don’t expect the majority to be in the same page as me. I just thought for little financial risk an experienced striker in this league might be a useful addition on a short term deal.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If we retain the most fouled player in the league next season then a good penalty taker would be a good thing wouldn’t it?

Even excluding penalties that’s about 8 goals a season. He’d be top scorer for us with that, with penalties to go on top. Win win.

As I said, I don’t expect the majority to be in the same page as me. I just thought for little financial risk an experienced striker in this league might be a useful addition on a short term deal.

We got barely any penalties last season though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

We did have the mos fouled player last season and only received 2 penalties. I wouldnt put much into penalty conversation rate.

I would prefer not getting Deeney, but he has a "**** you" attitude we need more of in our team. So someone with the same attitude would be good!

8 minutes ago, MentalM said:

We did have the mos fouled player last season and only received 2 penalties. I wouldnt put much into penalty conversation rate.

I would prefer not getting Deeney, but he has a "**** you" attitude we need more of in our team. So someone with the same attitude would be good!

The table I saw said 3. I’d take 8+3 goals from a backup/second striker all day long. 11 goals, no transfer fee and a bit of leadership and nastiness too. 

Maupay, Pulisic, Firmino, Giroud, Callum Wilson, Diogo Jota a few players who scored less than him last year.

Edited by Genie

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

It's not 8 per season, it's less than 6 per season. And he's shite

• Like 1

If Martinez goes the same way as the link to Romero, has anyone got any thoughts on less costly signings, that would be willing to move to us and could do a solid job, until Heaton is match fit? 

How about Bartosz Bialowski from Milwall or  Marko Marosi from Coventry for example? 

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

The table I saw said 3. I’d take 8+3 goals from a backup/second striker all day long. 11 goals, no transfer fee and a bit of leadership and nastiness too. 

he hates us though, don't see him signing and wouldn't want him if only to stop my blues fans mates using the inevitable agent Deeney remarks when he flops.

Would prefer King of if we're after a backup type forward 

Edited by MrBlack

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not sure how you get 8 a season because that's over 5 and a half seasons of playing for Watford which calculates at about 5 goals a season (nowhere near Wesleys average)

Anyway it's a complete non starter - Thank McGrath