Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Adam2003 said:

I’m cynical about Wilson but as a short-term solution while Wes comes back and adapts again to English football I support it. Would also like to bring in Watkins and then that’s some solid striking options. Also all begin with W which would allow some great puns and internet gags.

Wesley Adapts again ? - must have missed it first time.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

Yes same I'd rather us sign Edouard as I think most would or go all out and get Tammy.

I think it’s possible to do really well for  considerably less than it would cost to get Tammy, and potentially a player that is even better if we get it right (good scouting).

Tammy will cost a huge fee and huge wages and I don’t think he’s attainable anyway.

We have to be better at identifying players and potential, that’s a much better and less costly process.

• Like 2

Suso gone and Lange just in, you can bet that Smith will be having a big say in our signings this window, so there will be no excuses, even if he isn't picking them it's no excuse, have to improve next season, if we've spent £200m plus after promotion and are still struggling then that will really not be good enough.

• Like 1

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

The players we are being linked to are massively uninspiring.

Wheres the ambition?

Think we will be lucky to avoid another relegation battle if Watkins, Wilson, Cash and Swift are the best we can muster...

It's really depressing to be honest.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

You gotta laugh - set to be agreed shortly !!!!!

Thing is that Tom kershaw I'm sure I've seen that Youth on many of Villa on tour to VillaView videos, not sure he has his own show to, so who knows..

Hes done a fair bit of commentary on those shows though.

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Wheres the ambition?

Think we will be lucky to avoid another relegation battle if Watkins, Wilson, Cash and Swift are the best we can muster...

Think we've all brought into the £100m spend too much. Maybe those players above are the only ones in our range.

The players we are being linked to are not necessarily the players the club are actually targeting. Surely it's not hard to see that the media hasn't got a clue. Last summer was proof of that. I really don't care who we're linked with, it's who we sign that matters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Wheres the ambition?

IF these are the players we're really after, then I agree with you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Wheres the ambition?

If we keep Grealish, it will be better than any new signing we could attract. 

We do need another wide player though

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Wheres the ambition?

Couldn’t agree more!

was hoping we would avoid relegation and then not look back or have to suffer a relegation fight next season.  At the moment and with the links as you mention I’m gearing up for a very tough season next season.

it will be disappointing if it happens. I still have hope that we bring in some quality instead.

31 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Oh gawd, Callum Wilson? I really hope we don’t rest our striking hopes on him alone. If he’s coming in with another then so be it, but if he’s the striker... oh gawd.

I hope you were saying the same when we were closing in on Watkins as i dont see much difference. With one proving himself in the league already. Not saying Wilson is world class but you get my point. I know wilson personally and ive got some stories kept for when he retires however for the team i love id rather someone else other than wilson and Watkins 

6 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Wheres the ambition?

Yeah I do agree, but what can we do but watch what comes in and hope it doesn't come to that.

I were hoping we would bring a Spanish and german player in.

• Like 1

Youd think with these media signings, that we were getting ready and hoping another phase two of lockdown comes into effect and gives us a second chance to get out of jail.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Watkins & Cash improve our first 11 - Swift is better than Drinkwater on the bench. I doubt this is the only business we are going to do. 

At a cost of 45m, no thanks! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

The players we are being linked to are not necessarily the players the club are actually targeting. Surely it's not hard to see that the media hasn't got a clue. Last summer was proof of that. I really don't care who we're linked with, it's who we sign that matters.

Really not sure - season start isn't far away - I reckon the bulk of the signings are going to come from those linked. Sure there might be the odd surprise ....but I thinking we aren't gambling on next Israeli whizz kid this year...

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Just be patient mate and ignore all the speculation and internet rumours.

We’ll see how we’re looking once we get a few signings completed.

You never know, it’s possible that none of the players we’re actually after have even been reported on. 

Plenty of reason for hope and optimism, we need to take the impetus from staying up forwards and I’m sure we will make progress.

Forget the doubts, we’ve been improving year on year since NSWE & Dean arrived.

We can’t expect instant success, these things take time and its a step by step process.

UTV

These things take time yes but we can reduce that time by making more smart decisions from early on.. why get a mediocre player if we have the capital to get a better player in and then say we are just moving steadily until we reach that next level.

Get the best we can get now and stop fiddling with C+ players that are a huge gamble

• Thanks 1

Ignore the press speculation. It is meaningless. We run a tight ship. It’s not a bad thing. The club will continue to go about its business regardless. None of it reflects our ambitions or targets. It’s speculation to generate clicks, debates, and gambling speculation. Ignore and wait for the signings to come. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the most part the players we're being linked to would improve us and quite a bit in instances of Cash and Watkins, but I hope we're going for some players with some pedigree at an higher level as well, one or two players from the championship is okay but need some proven quality to go with them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1