Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Considering we were a mid table Championship side for good parts in the 18-19 season to me it would be an overachievement to surpass the likes of Newcastle and Brighton so quickly.

I like where your expectations are at. Just remember them during and after each game and you might feel a lot calmer 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

It doesnt mention testing because testing makes zero difference and is not an option to avoiding quarantine.

The country lists are changing with 48 hours notice from the government. The rules for entering the UK from 'unsafe countries' which now includes Holland and France has NO exceptions. 

So far more important people than footballers, such as doctors, surgeons and teachers are not immune from quarantine.

So any signings would have to be training in isolation for 14 days.

I would be buying if abroad as soon as possible. Medicals can be done abroad as the club can employ a top doctor/ medical staff  in what ever country the player is in.

Not true. There is a dispensation for elite sportspeople. Because they have specific testing regimes and work within a bubble the rules are relaxed for them. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2370QX

1 hour ago, sne said:

As fun as it is to speculate about names I hope the attributes we try and bring is pace, mobility and aggression.

We are a pretty pedestrian side and we are generally poor at winning the ball back in the attacking half. And for a team that defends rather deep we also lack the pace up front that would make us an effective counter side.

Imo we'd also benefit from a calmer head in defense but unless we move one of our CB's on we are already pretty stocked there.

Edit: Just be clear the players obviously also have to have the skill, tactical awareness, technique and all the other things you expect from a pro footballer but I hope that's a given. 

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

• Thanks 1

In liue  of any actual news I'm hoping we are keeping an eye on 17 year old Shoji Toyama who just broke through at Gamba Osaka in the J league. Highly highly regarded at youth level and just scored two on his senior debut. One to watch for sure.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Not true. There is a dispensation for elite sportspeople. Because they have specific testing regimes and work within a bubble the rules are relaxed for them. 

Yes. But to my knowledge this is specifically for 'competition' and the stringent habitation and testing that goes with competitions. Not going on a lads holiday or living as a foreign national. I believe there is confusion as to whether the dispensation will extend to holidaying. That said I wouldn't be surprised if elite athletes returning from holidays were exempt for quarantining given the power of the sport but there is no clear guidelines currently. Consider Liverpool's stance:

However, it was announced on Thursday that, from Saturday, France will be added to the UK’s list of countries requiring a 14-day isolation period upon return. Consequently, the Reds have moved on to their contingency plan and will now spend the coming days in the picturesque Austrian town of Saalfelden, an hour’s drive from Salzburg.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yes. But to my knowledge this is specifically for 'competition' and the stringent habitation and testing that goes with competitions. Not going on a lads holiday or living as a foreign national. I believe there is confusion as to whether the dispensation will extend to holidaying. That said I wouldn't be surprised if elite athletes returning from holidays were exempt for quarantining given the power of the sport but there is no clear guidelines currently. Consider Liverpool's stance:

Also, "Chelsea players cannot holiday or return home to countries on UK quarantine list. Club are unwilling to risk players being forced into two-week quarantine before new season starts"

I suspect Villa may start the season at a disadvantage.

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I suspect Villa may start the season at a disadvantage.

I think pretty much all of our players were back this week - from twitters and instagrams and things it looks like most of them returned at the beginning of the week. I'm guessing we'll start pre-season training on Tuesday or Wednesday. I think we'll be fine.

It'll be interesting to see how the staggered start affects transfers - if Utd don't kick off until 26th September, I wonder how it'll affect their attitude to their transfer business. 

15 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Which players are in the countries that require a quarantine?

Would certainly be an upgrade over Targett. Slightly in attack, and massively in defense.....if he's healthy. He's dealt with knee injuries the last couple of years. He'd likely come cheap because of it, but if he does and he's able to stay healthy, it'd be a good move.

Edited by VillaHatesMe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Some Danish journalist said Rasmus Falk will be a Villa player in 14 days

I really hope not. 28 years old, 1 International cap, only ever played in the Danish league and hardly prolific there. There are much better and younger targets we should be pursuing. 

Fingers crossed its lazy journalism, following our appointment of Lange and his one good game against United.

To be heavily linked to Rashica and end up with him would be heartbreaking!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Would certainly be an upgrade over Targett. Slightly in attack, and massively in defense.....if he's healthy. He's dealt with knee injuries the last couple of years. He'd likely come cheap because of it, but if he does and he's able to stay healthy, it'd be a good move.

"asked for information", that totally doesnt sound like a new click bait phrase, what a load of cr*p these reporters/news outlets/twitter idjits are.

5 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

I really hope not. 28 years old, 1 International cap, only ever played in the Danish league and hardly prolific there. There are much better and younger targets we should be pursuing. 

Fingers crossed its lazy journalism, following our appointment of Lange and his one good game against United.

deary me when did football fans become so ageist?. Any links to anyone over the age of 25 and it's a disaster. Couldn't care less if it's Kazuyoshi Miura we're signing at 53, if they can do a job they can do a job

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

29 year old

What happened to the young and hungry with re sell value strategy?

8 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

Different role and position. Transfermarkt has him valued at £1.5M, and he ran Man Utd all over the place the other night. As squad depth at that sort of price it could be good business. 

• Like 1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-watkins-rashica-18775233

The big-money transfers bubbling away at Aston Villa as Dean Smith sets out £100 million spending spree

The remit involves shipping out the likes of Hogan and Lovre Kalinic, tying down star man Jack Grealish and, more importantly, going in strong on transfer targets such as Ollie Watkins and Werder Bremen ace Milot Rashica.

Ahead of crunch transfer talks, BirminghamLive assesses where the land currently lies involving Villa's most-important deals to be made:

Ollie Watkins - Brentford want £25 million

0_GettyImages-1262995177.jpg

Ollie Watkins of Brentford

We'll start with Smith's No.1 target, Brentford goal machine Watkins. The 26-goal hot shot is currently enjoying some downtime out in Greece and isn't expected back until Sunday into Monday.

Villa value the forward around the £18 million mark which is way off Brentford's £25 million demand which would see Villa shatter the club-record fee they shelled out for Wesley 13 months ago.

Villa will look to meet in the middle between the two valuations as talks between the two clubs will begin properly from the middle of next week.

Said Benrahma - Brentford demanding £30 million

0_Said-Benrahma.jpg

Brentford's Said Benrahma celebrates scoring his team's equaliser against Charlton Athletic in a 2-1 win (Image: John Walton/PA Wire)

Staying with Brentford, Villa will come back in for the man they missed out on last year: Said Benrahma. Chelsea's interest has apparently cooled while it's newly-promoted Leeds United who are looking to steal a march on a deal for the 25-year-old. West Ham are also in for the Algerian, scorer of 17 goals last term.

As for Thomas Frank, he wants top-dollar for his prized asset with a fee in the region of £30 million demanded. Opening bids are expected to start from £15 million, though, and Villa will ask the big Benrahma question during negotiations involving Watkins as they target a double swoop. Benrahma is due back in training next week.

Milot Rashica - Werder Bremen want close to €38 million release clause

0_GettyImages-1252885877.jpg

The Kosovan's agent has declared how Villa are leading the race for Milot Rashica which, to some, is seen as a tactical ploy to make known-suitors RB Leipzig stump up more cash. Rashica, though, who was left out of Werder Bremen's squad for a friendly last week due to ongoing transfer discussions, is currently getting his head down in Austria with his Werder teammates as they gear up for a Bundesliga return.

Regarding Villa's interest, they tabled offers for the left-winger last summer while, in January, enquired again with Werder unwilling to sell given their sticky relegation situation.

Villa's interest is genuine and it's expected that sporting director Lange will head up trying to get this deal over the line given his contacts in Germany. Werder want £25 million-plus - or as near to the €38 million release clause - for their electrifying No.7 with favourites Leipzig unwilling to meet their demands.

Emi Buendia - Norwich will hold out for £20 million-plus

0_Emi-Buendia.jpg

Emi Buendia in action for Norwich City (Image: Stephen Pond/Getty Images)

Smith's long been admirer of Norwich play-maker Emi Buendia from his days managing Brentford in the Championship. The Argentine, 23, would cost in excess of £20 million once again, though. The Norwich man plays on the right-hands side of a forward prong, which is exactly what Villa need in terms of right-sided options.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

"asked for information", that totally doesnt sound like a new click bait phrase, what a load of cr*p these reporters/news outlets/twitter idjits are.

Nicolo Schira is a reputable reporter in Italy, and there's no link in his original tweet, which makes it hard to click on anything. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

Posted in May 2020 and doesnt confirm its happened. It states could happen.

14 minutes ago, chappy said:

Which players are in the countries that require a quarantine?

I don't know as I don't follow with Instagram or Twitter. Maybe others can enlighten me. To my knowledge Grealish and McGinn to Spain I believe. John Terry to Portugal.  I am unsure of others. My concern is what seems to be the Clubs policy regards holiday travel. Logic dictates that if some players were allowed to 'quarantine' nations then all players were. Not beyond the realms of possibility that Douglas Luiz has visited Brazil for instance or that others have holidayed.

8 minutes ago, ForfarVillan said:

deary me when did football fans become so ageist?. Any links to anyone over the age of 25 and it's a disaster. Couldn't care less if it's Kazuyoshi Miura we're signing at 53, if they can do a job they can do a job

For the record I don't mind signing older players providing they are good enough as you say. However, is age is a key factor for two reasons:

1) It goes against our recent strategy of buying younger footballers with resale values

2) Given he is not a spring chicken anymore, if he was any decent he would have been picked up by someone else by now

I have serious doubts of the quality of a 28 year old still playing his trade in Denmark. Surely by now a team from a more established league would have decided to take a punt on him.

We shouldn't be buying squad players when our current attacking midfielders (Trez, El Ghazi, Jota etc.) are not good enough to hold down a starting spot. 

7 minutes ago, Tez500 said:

For the record I don't mind signing older players providing they are good enough as you say. However, is age is a key factor for two reasons:

1) It goes against our recent strategy of buying younger footballers with resale values

2) Given he is not a spring chicken anymore, if he was any decent he would have been picked up by someone else by now

I have serious doubts of the quality of a 28 year old still playing his trade in Denmark. Surely by now a team from a more established league would have decided to take a punt on him.

We shouldn't be buying squad players when our current attacking midfielders (Trez, El Ghazi, Jota etc.) are not good enough to hold down a starting spot. 

I’d see him as cover/competition for SJM.