Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

This will be the boringest transfer window ever.

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Compared to the last few seasons it already is.

Would you chaps mind sharing our transfer targets list for this season that you've both had faxed to you.

Asking for a friend.    B)

14 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

17th and a cup final was acceptable last season taking consideration of everything that happened pre-season, but for a club our size

with aspirations to return to our former heights it would not be acceptable again. Great strides forward need to be taken ( and will be)

We need to be much further up the league to further attract the sort of signing we will need to step up again. We WILL get there!!

Then who are we finishing above then apart from the promoted clubs?

3 minutes ago, sne said:

The Weston McKennie transfer from Schalke to  Hertha Berlin has apparently collapsed, wonder if we are among the clubs interested in him now?

Good news. I'd would LOVE IT (insert Keegan gif) if we signed him. He's exactly what we need.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Then who are we finishing above then apart from the promoted clubs?

So are you saying it's beyond the realms of possibility that we could finish above Brighton, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Sheffield United, Burnley, West Ham, Everton? There's absolutely no way we could finish above any of them and we should stop dreaming?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Newcastle for a start. 

Newcastle? They have a much more settled team and more experience.

Wolves, SU, Burnley, Southampton, Everton, Newcastle, Palace, Brighton, West Ham

I can't see us finishing above any of them. If we do Dean will exceed my expectations.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

The Weston McKennie transfer from Schalke to  Hertha Berlin has apparently collapsed, wonder if we are among the clubs interested in him now?

We certainly should be ! A midfield 3 of SJM McKennie, & Luiz is a tasty prospect. With Jack & Beundia on the flanks.... Edouard up top ! 

• Like 3

Just now, Okonokos said:

So are you saying it's beyond the realms of possibility that we could finish above Brighton, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Sheffield United, Burnley, West Ham, Everton? There's absolutely no way we could finish above any of them and we should stop dreaming?

No but it would be an overachievement.

Apart from the promoted clubs the teams around us have more experience. Climbing the table will take time.

I still think 17th would be a good achievement this season.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Newcastle? They have a much more settled team and more experience.

Wolves, SU, Burnley, Southampton, Everton, Newcastle, Palace, Brighton, West Ham

I can't see us finishing above any of them. If we do Dean will exceed my expectations.

you have repeatedly said in your posts all season that we are better than Newcastle and should have beaten them and should have finished above them.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

you have repeatedly said in your posts all season that we are better than Newcastle and should have beaten them and should have finished above them.  

The thing is Newcastle is masters at grinding out results.

Bruce teams usually end up falling apart but it rarely happens in his 2nd season.

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No but it would be an overachievement.

Apart from the promoted clubs the teams around us have more experience. Climbing the table will take time.

I still think 17th would be a good achievement this season.

It would be an overachievement if we finish above Brighton next season? Are you saying that? Or a Crystal Palace team who were absolutely woeful the last few games of the season? Newcastle who will most likely be in disarray? Sheffield United who will most likely suffer second season syndrome?

You say some of those teams are more settled and experienced than us. Then how come Sheffield United did so well last season then? They had virtually no players who'd played at that level before.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

The thing is Newcastle are masters at grinding out results.

Bruce teams usually end up falling apart but it rarely happens in his 2nd season.

Yep, they're now in the long nothingness, not going down not moving up, just turgid boring safe football

Said in their thread the one thing that you have to say fair play to them is the apathy hasn't taken over and strangled the life out of them in the same way it did the likes of us, Sunderland and even arsenal 

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It would be an overachievement if we finish above Brighton next season? Are you saying that? Or a Crystal Palace team who were absolutely woeful the last few games of the season? Newcastle who will most likely be in disarray? Sheffield United who will most likely suffer second season syndrome?

You say some of those teams are more settled and experienced than us. Then how come Sheffield United did so well last season then? They had virtually no players who'd played at that level before.

SU have an absolutely brilliant manager who get's his players fighting their guts out.

CP fell apart but it isn't all that unusual when you are already safe from relegation. Hence the beach term being created years ago.

Brighton? Maybe. But i just feel they are more consistent than us.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

SU have an absolutely brilliant manager who get's his players fighting their guts out.

CP fell apart but it isn't all that unusual when you are already safe from relegation. Hence the beach term being created years ago.

Brighton? Maybe. But i just feel they are more consistent than us.

But it wouldn't be an overachievement to finish above any of them by any stretch of the imagination. Overachieving would be qualifying for Europe.