Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Had a Horrific dream last night..i need to stay away from villa talk for a while..

Suso left and he took all the parachute payments with him

we had no money left at all..not a penny

Davis was our main striker

doris the tea lady replaced nyland in goal

jeff hendrick broke his 2 legs in the first match

we were relegated by october...

Some might say this was an improvement on our situation. 😀

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What has he actually done? I haven’t heard anything about it

Refused to play for Bournemouth after the restart knowing that his contract was up in June. Wasn't willing to risk getting injured and missing out on a free transfer to another club (which usually involves a hefty signing on fee for the player). We don't want players who will down tools. We want players who will run through brick walls for the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Refused to play for Bournemouth after the restart knowing that his contract was up in June. Wasn't willing to risk getting injured and missing out on a free transfer to another club (which usually involves a hefty signing on fee for the player). We don't want players who will down tools. We want players who will run through brick walls for the team.

I’ve just read up about it, I agree with you

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Giacomo Bonaventura anybody?

His time at Milan coming an end. Sure he will remain in del bel paesewith Atalanta his preferred destination. BUT could England offer a novel and final escapade?

Ah Jack, lovely player, had a nasty knee injury a season or so back which could be a factor, also never too sure how Italian players will settle in this country, but it's a good shout, out of contract by the looks so could be worth the risk...

48 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Did not check prices from transfermarkt, but here is my list:

Abraham 40M

Eze 20M

Tarkowski 25M (or Tuanzebe 12M)

Hradecky 15M

Total 87 - 100M. 

4-5-1 or 4-3-3 Hradecky, Guilbert, Tarkowski, Mings, Targett, Trezequet, McGinn, Luiz, Eze, Grealish, Abraham. Subs: Heaton/Steer/Nyland, Elmo, Konsa, Hause, Taylor, Jota, Hourihane, Nakamba, Lansbury, El Ghazi, Wesley/Davis/Samatta.

First team good enough, subs not so.

Which is why rather than buy players for 30 mill plus we are going to be having ago at phase 2 of the rebuild, which is buy smartly but better than season gone and being more players in than what people think we will. We need some first teamers but we also need a subs bench capable of changing games we dont have that but we need a new subs bench. Between new first team players, new subs bench players I think we can end up trying to buy another load of players where we could end up with another eight or more signings. Signing another load of players like that to fill out the squad if done correctly could yield fantastic results that give us options in tactics from first eleven to subs bench. I do think it's also time to start using Youth here and there, hopefully they can get some first team game time this coming season.

I just have a feeling that squad depth will be our priority rather than add posh quality at staggering cost which will come next season or maybe if were lucky a player or two in January.

I know some or alot wont agree with me because they hope we bring in real world class players and in alot of ways I do to. I just dont think we are not quite ready yet to go there in buying the best in the Biz because we need depth and rotational players who can jump in and be effective on field.

Edited by Dave-R

36 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’re too nice as it is and too easy to play against in my opinion 

But he not a physical character that could benefit the team or a Vinnie Jones type.... He is just simply a disgrace of a professional.

He just not someone you want at your football club.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s only 26 years old, how you can group him alongside N’Zogbia, McCormack and Lescott is beyond me. Fraser is out of contract and is entering his prime years, he’d be a free transfer, not an expensive hasbeen 

The question I think everyone wants answering is, do you think he's good looking?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Wes said:

If you could only buy 4 players to improve the first team this summer, for a combined total of £100m (if rumours are to be believed), who would you buy?

Belotti £40m

Benrahma £22m

Eze £18m

Buendia £20

54 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That's all great except you left out he is a massive word removed!

While you might not like what he did, he didn't refuse to play for Bournemouth, he turned down a request from them to extend his contract by a month. If the shoe was on the other foot, and Fraser was not even close to the first team reckoning, do you think Bournemouth would have extended his contract as a gesture of goodwill ?

Of course we as supporters can sit and say he's a word removed, but in reality he protected his (and his families) future rather than help a club that employed hi,  but with which he has no sentimental affiliation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dukes said:

While you might not like what he did, he didn't refuse to play for Bournemouth, he turned down a request from them to extend his contract by a month. If the shoe was on the other foot, and Fraser was not even close to the first team reckoning, do you think Bournemouth would have extended his contract as a gesture of goodwill ?

Of course we as supporters can sit and say he's a word removed, but in reality he protected his (and his families) future rather than help a club that employed hi,  but with which he has no sentimental affiliation.

Which in this case was refusing to play. He knew he'd be leaving on a free after the extension and didn't fancy playing, getting injured and missing out on a move to another team. It's the wrong sort of attitude to have and something we need to move away from.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Chelsea willing to allow alot of players to leave. Zouma and rudiger apparently.

Either of those would be veey good signings. Moses is also available as well as jorginho.

Oh and drinkwater 🤣

Zouma maybe but I can see wages being a big stumbling block. Rudiger is a big physical presence but he is prone to a hell of a lot of mistakes and has the first touch of a brick wall - I'd avoid him because I think he would look very bad in a side who doesn't dominate. I'd prefer Konsa to him.

1 hour ago, Wes said:

If you could only buy 4 players to improve the first team this summer, for a combined total of £100m (if rumours are to be believed), who would you buy?

TransferMarkt is by no means an accurate depiction of a players value, but you can use that site to work out some rough values if that helps.

I'm interested to see what positions everyone wants to prioritise and where people would allocate the money.

Rashica (also be happy with deulefou, sarr or buendia)

Tammy

Eze

Reina