Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

He's sensational. Reminds me of Kodjia with his playing style but a step up with the ability to pass to his teammates.

Sign him up Villa.

Some of those pitches are a disgrace, there’s tyre tracks on one of them! 

Yeah he can score on a recently ploughed farmer’s field in freezing conditions on a Tuesday night,  but can he do it on a pitch made of velvet in a stadium that doesn’t stink of piss on a warm Saturday? 

Probably. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I seriously hope we are in for him, not that I've watched many players.

However I'm seriously impressed by his clips and the in house reports.

Should be a priority signing IMO.

I'm actually more impressed by his clips than Buendia.

Eze is more mobile and better equipped for the prem, more direct imv.

Buendia is more of a ball player, like benrama, great skills, but could get negated in the Prem.

Just now, TRO said:

Buendia is more of a ball player, like benrama, great skills, but could get negated in the Prem.

Eze looks like he'll be significantly cheaper too.  We really need to be in for him.  Can't miss out on him to Palace or Albion (who I've seen linked).

• Like 1

WBA trying their up most to sign Eze from QPR as it stands. I agree he is very highly rated and a good striker. They (WBA) were also waiting on trying to sign Diangana from the Hammers aswell.

It would be funny to scupper them and go in and sign both from under their noses.

Problem for Diangana though is that he got injured twice this season which kept him out for lengthy periods.

If we were to take a punt on the latter mentioned attack midfielder then it woukd need to be a loan first with a future buy clause.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Buendia has just had a brilliant season in the Prem in a shit team.

• Like 2

I understand that we need to buy across various plains.

1. The promising 18 year olds make sense, but they are gambles for the future, neverless we need to develop that area.....its our insurance.
  2. First teamers who make a significant difference, is paramount.....we need players who can up the ante, and raise us up a few levels.....we need quality, to do that.
  3. squad players is less significant IMV......we have enough and any current first teamers that get shoved out by the above, will take up those places.

Above all we need to ensure any new signings are better than what we already have....its sounds obvious, but it has eluded us for some time.

This window, is a really, really, important one, to get right.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

WBA trying their up most to sign Eze from QPR as it stands. I agree he is very highly rated and a good striker. They (WBA) were also waiting on trying to sign Diangana from the Hammers aswell.

It would be funny to scupper them and go in and sign both from under their noses.

Problem for Diangana though is that he got injured twice this season which kept him out for lengthy periods.

If we were to take a punt on the latter mentioned attack midfielder then it woukd need to be a loan first with a future buy clause.

Absolutely no chance of West Ham selling Diangana in my view.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

I'll be honest, I didn't even notice him until about 4 games post lockdown.  That might well be my fault though, I dunno.

1 hour ago, Okonokos said:

Which in this case was refusing to play. He knew he'd be leaving on a free after the extension and didn't fancy playing, getting injured and missing out on a move to another team. It's the wrong sort of attitude to have and something we need to move away from.

The result is definitely that it will have a few teams questioning his attitude like you. So the trade off for not risking injury over a one month pay day, is that he'll have ruled out a few potential destinations. 

I guess some teams won't give a rats arse though, as we've seen them happily employ players who have done far far worse.  ex-convicts, people who strike to force a move and people who have openly served time for rape all get bought  so he's going to find work somewhere, and no injury  helps him guarantee that.

Most teams are probably somewhere between the two and will see a footballer entering his prime that can do a job for very good value, and will take the potential attitude issue and say its minor in the scheme of things.

Had he played on and saved Bournemouth he'd have a much bigger queue of people after him, had he got injured he'd have very few. He made a risk based decision on his livelihood at a time when the world future was as uncertain as its ever likely to be in modern times. Can't hold that against him for me. 

Wouldn't buy him though, don't rate him. 

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

He has also had some inconsistent games, during last season, i think he is a bit on the light side in terms of staving off challenges.......a bit like Jack before, he learnt how to deal with challenges......I worry, Benrama the same.

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Anyone else remember the lockdown interview between Gary Neville and OGS in which they said Man Utd would use the pandemic to exploit poorer clubs who needed the money. I hope every club that holds one of their targets remembers that and takes them to the cleaners (or refuses to sell at all).

2 hours ago, sne said:

Without having much knowledge on their finances I imagine they will be forced to accept lower fees for their players than they would usually do due to a loss of revenue due to Covid-19.

A lot of clubs will be forced to sell their prized assets or go bust. Buyers market this summer.

😬

We should try get James and Tuanzebe from Manure, as they both seem to be out of consideration there. Probably only get James on loan as Ole likes him, but some pace up top would be nice/useful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rubberman said:

Norwich are not a shit team......just not designed for the rigours of an arduous league.

They will learn.....to play like they do you need the worlds best players....they have some good players, but are too easily taken out and nullified.....much like us, before lockdown.

Edited by TRO

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has also had some inconsistent games, during last season, i think he is a bit on the light side in terms of staving off challenges.......a bit like Jack before, he learnt how to deal with challenges......I worry, Benrama the same.

I agree with you on both players TRO. Sarr has the better frame to compete with PL defenders and would be the better signing IMO, if we could afford him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

I agree with you on both players TRO. Sarr has the better frame to compete with PL defenders and would be the better signing IMO, if we could afford him.

I agree.....its something we need to be aware of.

its all well and good seeing players with flair, shine in the championship, their defenders can't close down as well and give you space to play in......In the prem, you need to be that much better to deal with less space to play in.