Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Wonder if Fiorentina will give Sofyan Amrabat a go this season or if they will try and sell him after his stand out season on loan at Verona?

He's on one of those Italian dual club ownership deals that are a bit confusing. But he's previously played in Belgium so he ticks that box :D 

According to my buddy who lives in Florence he was one of the stand out players this season in the Serie A and they are pretty excited to get him, but who knows.

Be an interesting player to look at for our midfield.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It's because newspapers make things up.

Every window the rumours go on and on yet we sign people completely from left field. Almost 100% so. 

Nothing is real. Not the Swedish keeper, not 100million on 4 players. 

I do think we’ll need another keeper though, Heaton won’t be fit to start the season. Reina’s loan has ended, Steer probably only good enough as back up and Kalinic will be moved on. So unless we want to start with Nyland and hope Heaton recovers fully, we will want a new keeper. Again. 

Should someone pay the Grealish fee we should go for Barkley seeing as he appears to be available.  We're not going to be able to get someone as good as Grealish with a straight up purchase but we'd still have money left over to strengthen the rest of the front line.

• Confused 2

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm pretty sure Benteke downed tools to force through his move to Villa. 

Benteke went on strike, he didn't play 20 games or so without trying then skip the last 10 games as an injury might cost him a transfer

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Dean does double deal for Brentford Duo! Get Watkins and Benrahma when Fulham beat Brentford tonight. 🤞

Dream on 😃whatever the result Benrahma will be off to Chelsea and not sure if Dean would go for Watkins.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Top clubs identify their top targets and make it happen. We identify our top targets, wont stump u the cash and end up with our 2nd or 3rd choice targets. This has to change, we cant be ripped either.

While true we seem to have missed out on a lot of our 1st choice targets last summer ( Webster, Benrahma, Phillips, Tammy/Maupay, maybe Butland? ), I'm not sure how we can expect not to get ripped either. Hopefully they can get more of their main targets this time when there won't be a need to sign so many players. 

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan
  • Like 1

Think there is a risk in signing players who's been mostly bench warmers for a couple seasons and expecting them to be players to rely on.

Barkley, Origi, Iheanacho, Stones, Drinkwater and so on. They have not played regular 90 min football for years in some cases. Big rewards if it works out but also a big risk of getting a player who no longer has the right drive and mentality or a body that holds up costing a huge amount in salary on fee.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I do think we’ll need another keeper though, Heaton won’t be fit to start the season. Reina’s loan has ended, Steer probably only good enough as back up and Kalinic will be moved on. So unless we want to start with Nyland and hope Heaton recovers fully, we will want a new keeper. Again. 

Ha yes, for all I said this is probably true. Nyland has had so many unexpected comebacks to the first team, and I can't take any more.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, supermon said:

Arsenal apparently after Benrahma and Eze, that'd be us out of the running if true. 

They are also "really close" to signing Willian on free so I imagine they wont go for all 3. Or so "sources say"

• Like 1

I think it is time to declare Benrahma an honorary member of the Villa transfer window hall of fame of players wot never actually happened. It's a special club, usually there's fan chatter about them for one or two windows, sometimes more, and what once was just a potentially good player for us becomes a target of mass obsession where they get better in our eyes if someone else wants them or there's danger they will go elsewhere. I think it's time to consider a world where we will undoubtedly go for someone we've never heard of, where there will be a doubt over their suitability, and probably mass depression and writing off of said player until the season begins and then it turns out all right. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, deeps said:

Along with Tammy, we need to let this Tuanzebe love in go (not that I don’t rate him, mind). United will not let him go. 

That's an exaggeration. Can't say i've witnessed any love in going on!?

There's a chance I may have missed it though and arrived too late to the party..

3 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

While true we seem to have missed out on a lot of our 1st choice targets last summer ( Webster, Benrahma, Phillips, Tammy/Maupay, maybe Butland? ), I'm not sure how we can expect not to get ripped either. Hopefully they can get more of their main targets this time when there won't be a need to sign so many players. 

Butland AND Webster were definitely over priced, Benrahma looking good value for 20m back then, Maupay meh. 

Tammy wanted his shot at Chelsea but their ban no longer in place, wonder if we have some kind of first option on him, hope so.

We will see next season whether Phillips would have been worth it.

I guess we had to work to a tight budget last year to get all the heads we needed, you're absolutely right though this time we have a better chance with only a 4ish needed.

Fingers crossed, exciting times.

• Like 1

I actually suspect Man Utd might let Tuanzebe leave. Not that the fee we will be quoted will make it worth it mind. 

I'd still get on Vertonghen at a free. He'd do nicely. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think it is time to declare Benrahma an honorary member of the Villa transfer window hall of fame of players wot never actually happened. It's a special club, usually there's fan chatter about them for one or two windows, sometimes more, and what once was just a potentially good player for us becomes a target of mass obsession where they get better in our eyes if someone else wants them or there's danger they will go elsewhere. I think it's time to consider a world where we will undoubtedly go for someone we've never heard of, where there will be a doubt over their suitability, and probably mass depression and writing off of said player until the season begins and then it turns out all right. 

Starting to put quite the team together: Miguel, Wesley Snjeider, Klass Jan Huntelaar, Dale Stephens, Hiroshi Kiyotake, Younes Belhanda, Sergio Canales, Andrea Belotti. We're a keeper and a few defenders away from a superb starting 11. Any others?

Edited by El-Reacho
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I actually suspect Man Utd might let Tuanzebe leave. Not that the fee we will be quoted will make it worth it mind. 

I'd still get on Vertonghen at a free. He'd do nicely. 

I'm going to be greedy and say go for them both and loan out/sell Engels & Hause.

That would give a bit of a solid quad of players in the CB positions imo.

9 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Starting to put quite the team together: Miguel, Wesley Snjeider, Klass Jan Huntelaar, Dale Stephens, Hiroshi Kiyotake, Younes Belhanda, Sergio Canales, Andrea Belotti. We're a keeper and a few defenders away from a superb starting 11. Any others?

Benny Mccarthy