Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

14 minutes ago, KitKat said:

I want to say José Bosingwa?

Should definitely be in there - was back when we were filled with hope and optimism for the Lerner/O'Neill dream team era. Think when it finally transpired he wasn't coming here we ended up with Habib Beye instead...

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It surely is, I remember when I was a paper boy back in 90s where before and after school I used to read the papers and they had fresh news in each day. Now you just cant see fresh news anywhere in sight, it's rare, so rare that there is more chance of finding a dinosaur fossil these days.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Should definitely be in there - was back when we were filled with hope and optimism for the Lerner/O'Neill dream team era. Think when it finally transpired he wasn't coming here we ended up with Habib Beye instead...

Happy...happy days.

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Top clubs identify their top targets and make it happen. We identify our top targets, wont stump u the cash and end up with our 2nd or 3rd choice targets. This has to change, we cant be ripped either.

Top clubs don’t always get the players they want, but they have the advantage of being a top club meaning they have the money and the league position to attract players.

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It surely is, I remember when I was a paper boy back in 90s where before and after school I used to read the papers and they had fresh news in each day. Now you just cant see fresh news anywhere in sight, it's rare, so rare that there is more chance of finding a dinosaur fossil these days.

tbf it's not like fresh news is out the door it's just that it's muddled in with a constant stream of hearsays. 

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Top clubs don’t always get the players they want, but they have the advantage of being a top club meaning they have the money and the league position to attract players.

and the media contacts to try and bully the selling clubs

we're seeing an element of that now with grealish, there is a portion of the media actively trying to get him sold and an even more worryingly set of neutral fans (who happen to support big boys...) who think we're holding him back and doing him a disservice by not selling him, seeing a Chelsea fan replying to talksport moaning that villa wont sell grealish to utd for less than £80m is mind blowing

I do wonder if the current trend of everyone on social media being a footballer valuation expert is somewhere in a dark corner being influenced by clubs and agents 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don't know why people get so agitated. The season finished just over a week ago. Players are on their holidays and we've just got a new sporting director. Hardly any moves have happened and papers are just filling column inches at the moment. 

Go on twitter add villareport and John Percy to your tweet notifications, sit back and wait for it all to blow over.

We want signings, We want signings, We want signings!!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Edit your post quickly before Zatman sees it, he hates Fraser because according to him, Fraser downed tools at Bournemouth, personally I’d take him here as a squad option

There's no according to Zatman about it. Fraser did down tools. His attitude for a pro is shite. When we're up against, we wouldn't be able to trust him on the pitch. The very least you should expect from a professional athletic is to actually try. On his day, he's a good player but you're not going to know what player is going to turn up that game. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

There's no according to Zatman about it. Fraser did down tools. His attitude for a pro is shite. When we're up against, we wouldn't be able to trust him on the pitch. The very least you should expect from a professional athletic is to actually try. On his day, he's a good player but you're not going to know what player is going to turn up that game. 

Smith would get the best out of him, on a free it’s a no brainer for me 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

52 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Agreed and would also like to say we make our transfers way more late than most clubs, as if were sweeping up the leftovers.

Feels abit like Villa at times are on the Judge Dredd SLO-MO drug, just that everyone else are Judges and were the ones taking our time making choices, Wonder if theres a FAST-MO drug for us for once.

Not far off there, anyday now though there's gonna be some action and we'll all be like, who? Who that be?

23 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

very true and thats gonna be us too in a couple of years, I know one thing, we are bloody due!

• Like 1

How I despise the arrogance and superiority complex displayed by their fans and media. As if you can just come in at any time you're ready to "swoop" no matter the inconvenience to us.

Manchester United will wait until late in the transfer window before deciding whether to move for Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish, according to a report.

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/report-man-utd-to-move-late-for-grealish_409037.html

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you could only buy 4 players to improve the first team this summer, for a combined total of £100m (if rumours are to be believed), who would you buy?

TransferMarkt is by no means an accurate depiction of a players value, but you can use that site to work out some rough values if that helps.

I'm interested to see what positions everyone wants to prioritise and where people would allocate the money.