Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Starting to put quite the team together: Miguel, Wesley Snjeider, Klass Jan Huntelaar, Dale Stephens, Hiroshi Kiyotake, Younes Belhanda, Sergio Canales, Andrea Belotti. We're a keeper and a few defenders away from a superb starting 11. Any others?

Paul Robinson we were linked to a couple of times, only keeper I can really remember. Usually we sign keepers with little media attention 

Benny Mccarthy, Muzzy Izzet, Debuchy for that one window 

13 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Starting to put quite the team together: Miguel, Wesley Snjeider, Klass Jan Huntelaar, Dale Stephens, Hiroshi Kiyotake, Younes Belhanda, Sergio Canales, Andrea Belotti. We're a keeper and a few defenders away from a superb starting 11. Any others?

Sergio Canales actually had a smashing season with Betis.

Sergio Canales was the player who covered the most ground last season in La Liga, 396 kilometers and 861 meters. On average, Canales ran over 11 kilometers in each of the 37 matches he played. T
Sergio Canales was also the player in Real Betis with the most minutes in La Liga, 3,167. In addition, he made the most passes, 2,068 with a 88% accuracy

He was among the top five in every offensive statistic that the players in Real Betis are measured by. Canales is, among other things, the second most goal-scoring player in the squad, five goals and six assists, fourth goal scorer, third most shooter on goal with 17, most goal assistants and third most dribbler, 51. 

Still only 29...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Top clubs identify their top targets and make it happen. We identify our top targets, wont stump u the cash and end up with our 2nd or 3rd choice targets. This has to change, we cant be ripped either.

Agreed and would also like to say we make our transfers way more late than most clubs, as if were sweeping up the leftovers.

Feels abit like Villa at times are on the Judge Dredd SLO-MO drug, just that everyone else are Judges and were the ones taking our time making choices, Wonder if theres a FAST-MO drug for us for once.

27 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

How could you leave out Jermaine Defoe😲

38 minutes ago, sne said:

They are also "really close" to signing Willian on free so I imagine they wont go for all 3. Or so "sources say"

ugh. i'd love us to sign Willian. He's like trezeguet in his application but has actual speed, skill and agility

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think it is time to declare Benrahma an honorary member of the Villa transfer window hall of fame of players wot never actually happened. It's a special club, usually there's fan chatter about them for one or two windows, sometimes more, and what once was just a potentially good player for us becomes a target of mass obsession where they get better in our eyes if someone else wants them or there's danger they will go elsewhere. I think it's time to consider a world where we will undoubtedly go for someone we've never heard of, where there will be a doubt over their suitability, and probably mass depression and writing off of said player until the season begins and then it turns out all right. 

Benrahma couldn’t lace Jermaine Defoe’s novelty Villa rumour tie. He’s even got an OBE for services to VT. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I want to say José Bosingwa?

47 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Dream on 😃whatever the result Benrahma will be off to Chelsea and not sure if Dean would go for Watkins.

madness, £30m for a 2nd maybe even 3rd choice winger

slightly more than they paid for cuadrado I suppose

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Agreed and would also like to say we make our transfers way more late than most clubs, as if were sweeping up the leftovers.

This is not a thing - there is no such “strategy” in the club ethos stretching back through various ownerships. Maybe it feel that way but it’s just not true

54 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Dream on 😃whatever the result Benrahma will be off to Chelsea and not sure if Dean would go for Watkins.

🤔Good luck for tonight, be nice to have Brentford finally achieve their aim. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

really want some official links now damn

I take it your at that point of going through articles and skipping ten or more paragraphs to get to the bit that has just a line or two worth reading, because those ten or more paragraphs are repeated crap from the past week or more??

And even then what you found to read that isnt a broken record is boring as hell. 

Edited by Dave-R

Not sure what we can expect this summer in terms of spending. I think we should focus on the squad, rather than go for the big £40-50m signings. For me it's more the lack of squad depth rather than the lack of exeptional players that almost sent us straight back to the Championship.

And that's not very surprising, because if we look at what we brought in. We must have spent half of the money on a CB that was already at the club, a GK that was very necessary and a striker that we hoped would be as good as the one that we had on loan. Then we kept a couple of other loan players and brought in 4-5 budget players from Europe.

But it wasn't down to not having a team that weren't good enough. It was down to not having a squad that was good enough. That, and missing players that would allow us to dominate games against lower half teams. 

I hope we go for a mix of up and coming players at sensible prices, such as Eze. And some solid, but not spectacluar sensible priced PL players that we think will might contribute, such as Josh King and others. And then go for some players abroad. All the players we brought in last year will now have some PL experience. Which means a couple of players from abroad won't have to hit the ground running

I think what's between us and a solid, mid table finish is lack of depth. If we can achieve that with players with their best years still ahead of them, I think 21/22 is when we should go for just a couple of big signings. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Considering Chelsea have Werner, Giroud, Tammy, Hudson Odoi, Pulisic, Ziyech and close to getting Havertz, I am not sure where Benrahma fits in.

He will be Tammy's replacement.         :P

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I take it your at that point of going through articles and skipping ten or more paragraphs to get to the bit that has just a line or two worth reading, because those ten or more paragraphs are repeated crap from the past week or more??

pretty much. it's appalling.

I don't know why people get so agitated. The season finished just over a week ago. Players are on their holidays and we've just got a new sporting director. Hardly any moves have happened and papers are just filling column inches at the moment. 

Go on twitter add villareport and John Percy to your tweet notifications, sit back and wait for it all to blow over.

Edited by omariqy
  • Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

pretty much. it's appalling.

It surely is, I remember when I was a paper boy back in 90s where before and after school I used to read the papers and they had fresh news in each day. Now you just cant see fresh news anywhere in sight, it's rare, so rare that there is more chance of finding a dinosaur fossil these days.