Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

It would make sense to bin off Taylor and try to get a young LB in. Given Hearts have gone down they need the money. Targett will remain first choice but he'll pick up injuries so Hickey could get about 10 prem games and more in the cups.

If we're seriously interested I think he'd consider the move.

I forgot they went down, good shout. I think you're right, he's better off here. The Scots Championship isn't going to improve him too much.

Would really like this deal. We missed out on Justin who can play LB and RB, or rather he turned us down. This would fill that awkward squad gap.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Tbh I don’t know why Abraham or even Iheanacho would join us. For both it’s a pretty big step down. 

Incidentally I wouldn’t want Iheanacho. He has a pretty dire goal record for club and country and there must be a reason he never finds favour wherever he is.

Because both aren't playing regularly at their clubs and the owners' vision is to get the team back near the top level again. Plus Tammy has played with us before and has an affinity with the club. 

I'm not keen on Iheanacho either. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Would love us to match Everton’s 18mil bid on regullion from Real Madrid, much better left back than both targett and Taylor

Suppose it depends how much we plan to spend, i can't see it being another 100m+ though personally so i think theres areas that are in far more need of upgrades than LB. Targett is a decent lower half left back and Taylors got 1 year left for backup.

1 minute ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Suppose it depends how much we plan to spend, i can't see it being another 100m+ though personally so i think theres areas that are in far more need of upgrades than LB. Targett is a decent lower half left back and Taylors got 1 year left for backup.

I think we will spend a fair bit on quality rather than quantity like we did this season, this is why need to sell the likes of Taylor before he runs his contract out 

17 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Ben Yedder, Dembele, Eduaord, Poulsen, Weghorst, Volland, Belotti, Berardi, Schick, Willian Jose...

Damn we stay up on the past day and now we can sign Ben Yedder and Dembele? I know we have rich owners but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Strange that Everton are even going for him as Lucas Digne is by far their best player IMO

Going forward he is, not sure ancelloti rates him defensively 

6 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

I think we will spend a fair bit on quality rather than quantity like we did this season, this is why need to sell the likes of Taylor before he runs his contract out 

I agree that we will spend on quality or atleast try to this time around and do 3-4 of those types of signings but i'm not convinced left back is a priority, infact if im looking at a starting 11 its probably 8-9th priority for me. 

39 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Would love us to match Everton’s 18mil bid on regullion from Real Madrid, much better left back than both targett and Taylor

If we didn't have bigger needs it'd be a no-brainer. I'd still go for it for around £20 million if it doesn't interfere with a striker, winger(s) and a mid.

There really does seem to be a shortage of get-table Premier League Strikers at the moment doesn't there. What about the Teams who've missed out on promotion Like Cardiff & whoever loses the Playoff Final on Tues? Any pickings there i wonder.. (I won't mention Swansea for obvious reasons). A few Fulham players i like and Brentford ones too... a team we are well aware of of course with Benrahma & Watkins having been touted on here may times.

Really struggling for strikers with Prem experience who would actually come here though!

McCarthy is unglamorous, yet the kind of steady premier league level performer that we could have done with last season, the likes of Burnley, Palace, and Newcastle United are full of such players. I don't think he'd be the worst signing, but that article is written by Simon Jones, I don't think I've ever seen him get one Villa transfer right, just seems to make stuff up, so I doubt that there's any truth to it.

• Like 3