Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Aston Villa are considering a move for Reading FC midfielder John Swift, should they sell club captain Jack Grealish this summer.

The Reading Chronicle understands that Swift may be seen as a low-cost alternative should Dean Smith's men fail to maintain their Premiership status.

No official bid has been made yet.

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

I'm sure @Villan4Life has mentioned him and rates him? I know someone has?

Can any of you guys tell me what kind of player he is? Strengths? Weaknesses? I've never seen the guy play.

His dribbling skills are sensational he can pick out a pass and has the confidence to try outrageous things  the type of moves Brazilian players used to do 10-15 years ago,  but as we have seen you get closed down quicker in the premier league And suppose he would have to cut out a bit of the trickery.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

My summer 2020 dream team so far. Based on nothing but what I would want to see happen. I'll be using transfer market valuations rounding up to the nearest 5 million

Statement signings: Neres - £35 million our right wing is our weakest position so our marquee signing should address that. He is young fast and skillful and whilst he is currently injured he likely may have already recovered since the Netherlands didn't resume their season. An article from January claimed he was close to a return so I think he is likely as close to fully fit as possible. 

Josh King: Valued at 15 million and Bournemouth's best player in my opinion. He would be the perfect signing for us. He is fast skillful and experienced so he should be able to hit the ground running and bring a bit more edge to our attack. He could play upfront or out wide allowing him to cover injuries and allow us to play wesley up front when he recovers. He is also an experienced second striker which may be able to get the best out of Wesley with runs in behind and nice interplay.

Denis Zakaria: 40 million Again out with a knee injury so his value may be down. He plays for borussia mönchengladbach who qualified for Europe so he may be hard to pry away from them. He is the ideal midfielder for us. He is 6'3 fast strong and skillful. We have really missed a big physical presence in the middle of the park and it has hindered us when defending and attacking set pieces as well. He has got 2 goals and 2 assists as a defensive midfielder which is pretty decent. He can also play as a centre back in a pinch. A midfield 3 of Luiz, Him and Mcginn/Grealish would be really good.

Together I imagine they would cost a combined 100 million and they would put our squad at least top 10 if we keep grealish.

Squad signings: Eberichi Eze: 10 million (I expect he would cost 15 to 20) he is a creative midfielder who could be a backup to grealish or play out wide. He grabs lots of goals and assists and he would be amazing to bring off the bench if we are chasing the game or he could be a competent starter. 

Mounir Chouiar: 10 million again and one of the hottest prospects in Europe. Scored 8 goals in 28 appearances this season including 4 goals in 20 in ligue 1. Dijon are in a bit of trouble financially so we could get him for cheap. He can play out wide and develop into a great player.

Nico Schulz: On loan from dortmund with an obligation to buy for 20 the season after. Got a current valuation of 11 million after playing only 11 games for dortmund this season. A fast and tall left back who we could play in games where we need to be more stout defensively and would probably start over targett for us.

Chris Smalling: Free his contract expires on the 2bd of August. He is a big strong experienced cb which we have missed this year. He is only 30 as well so we could give him a 3 or 4 year contract without worrying too much about him being too old. He has performed well in the Serie A this season and is a good enough cb to either be starting for us or be our 2nd back up. He would also provide a good locker room presence as he has finished 2nd with United.

Karlan Grant: 10 million. Practically kept Huddersfield up single handedly this season. Scored 5 goals for their anemic attack in the premier league in only 11 games and is only 22. He can play upfront or out wide having played and performed across the front 3 this season. He is fast (which we need) he can learn under josh king and he can be rotated in and play all the cup matches.

Total Spend: 140 million (just in case teams drive a hard bargain)

Starting 11

Heaton

Guilbert- - -Konsa-   -    -Mings- - -Schulz

Luiz-           -           - Zakaria

Neres-        -       - Grealish-       -        - Eze

King

Subs: Grant, Chouiar, McGinn, Hourihane, Smalling, Wesley, Targett, Elmo, Steer (maybe hause as well don't know how many subs allowed on the bench with the 5 subs rule) 

I'm confident that team can get top 10 and even challenge for Europe if rightly coached. 

I know it's fantasy and all. But.... unlikely that Neres or Zakaria would interested in the project at Villa just yet, enough to move from their respective clubs. Smalling I suspect will either remain in Rome or signed by a prem club willing to offer silly wages and signing on fee that comes with a 30 y/o free signing from UTD. I believe Schulz was signed from Hoffenheim for 20 odd million euros last term, so do not envision Drtmund bailing out on him so soon. King is woefully undervalued at £15 million in today's market (We signed Mings for a reported 20 million up front, they signed Solanke for £19 mil up front.... for comparison). Eze would be an interesting signing and I like the attributes of Grant. You've got me on Chouiar, ain't got an opinion on the fella. 

I'm confident that team can get top 10 and even challenge for Europe if rightly coached. < I am unsure of what this means?

37 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I know it's fantasy and all. But.... unlikely that Neres or Zakaria would interested in the project at Villa just yet, enough to move from their respective clubs. Smalling I suspect will either remain in Rome or signed by a prem club willing to offer silly wages and signing on fee that comes with a 30 y/o free signing from UTD. I believe Schulz was signed from Hoffenheim for 20 odd million euros last term, so do not envision Drtmund bailing out on him so soon. King is woefully undervalued at £15 million in today's market (We signed Mings for a reported 20 million up front, they signed Solanke for £19 mil up front.... for comparison). Eze would be an interesting signing and I like the attributes of Grant. You've got me on Chouiar, ain't got an opinion on the fella. 

I'm confident that team can get top 10 and even challenge for Europe if rightly coached. < I am unsure of what this means?

King only has a year left on his contract and Bournemouth are unlikely to want to lose him at the end of it. I expect he will go for around 20 million this season.

Schulz has only played 11 games this season and unless they plan on changing formation or potentially moving guirero to the right it seems unlikely he will get a look in.

As I said I imagine zakaria would be very hard to pry away from borussia mönchengladbach but hhe would be an amazing signing for us if we could get him.

Neres would be tough to sign no doubt but I think he would be an amazing signing for us and signal a statement of intent from us that we want to be challenging for a place in Europe over the next few seasons. 

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I'm sure @Villan4Life has mentioned him and rates him? I know someone has?

Can any of you guys tell me what kind of player he is? Strengths? Weaknesses? I've never seen the guy play.

He's quick. 

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure on that. It sounds logical but we tried that in 2016 replacing Benteke by signing loads of midfielders and wide players (and Gestede) and it was a massive failure.

You either replace Grealish with a top class international playmaker which is probably still beyond us even if we stay up or you get a Bunedia or Eze and also a good standard wide player so you then have two dangerous players in final third rather than every attacking move going through the number 10. A good quality striker will also help.

Signing Benrahama AND Eze sounds good to me rather than just one of them getting hyped up as the new Grealish and falling below expectations. We made that mistake before replacing Ashley Young with N'zogbia and Milner with Stephen Ireland.

Thing is we've mainly signed the wrong players when we've done it recently. 

However going back to. David Platt we nearly won the league with the 4 players we signed with his fee. 

Nothing wrong with the strategy, it's getting the right players that's the key. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

King only has a year left on his contract and Bournemouth are unlikely to want to lose him at the end of it. I expect he will go for around 20 million this season.

Schulz has only played 11 games this season and unless they plan on changing formation or potentially moving guirero to the right it seems unlikely he will get a look in.

As I said I imagine zakaria would be very hard to pry away from borussia mönchengladbach but hhe would be an amazing signing for us if we could get him.

Neres would be tough to sign no doubt but I think he would be an amazing signing for us and signal a statement of intent from us that we want to be challenging for a place in Europe over the next few seasons. 

Really hope we stay up. It will be a interesting transfer window for sure, as we don’t need the squad overhaul we required last summer. 4-5 quality additions. The intentions will be laid out. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Really hope we stay up. It will be a interesting transfer window for sure, as we don’t need the squad overhaul we required last summer. 4-5 quality additions. The intentions will be laid out. 

I mostly agree with you, but think we need a bit more than 4-5.

Definitely two wingers, definitely a CB, probably a proven goal scorer and you’re already at four.

That’s before central midfield, and I wouldn’t be against more competition for our full-backs either.

28 minutes ago, Enda said:

I mostly agree with you, but think we need a bit more than 4-5.

Definitely two wingers, definitely a CB, probably a proven goal scorer and you’re already at four.

That’s before central midfield, and I wouldn’t be against more competition for our full-backs either.

*proviso we stay up!!

Would depend on outgoings I suppose. I’ve always favoured a smaller squad, supplemented with academy grads. I think continuity is needed. Again just personal choice. Hopefully sign Reina. I think Mings, Konsa, Hause and Engles is enough at centre back. Argument for LB. Happish at CM. Maybe a bit of aggression and physicality needed there though. Need to move on Lansbury but doubt anyone will pick up his contract.

I think work major work is needed with that front 3 for sure. It may well cost us yet going into a premier league season with Trez and AEG as our 1st choice wingers. Fine as competition but not regulars. Jota is not cut out physically for the Prem it seems (might be able to recoup some fee from him, from a champ team chasing playoffs Forrest etc.)  Wesley needs competition clearly. Especially considering his injury. Although I’m not as ready to give up on him as many here seem to be.

Just wary of spreading transfer and wages between to many acquisitions. Rather have 1 or 2 quality wingerS, instead of 4 inconsistent Trezeguets/El Ghazis. Although everyone has a role to play in the squad. A focus on quality not quantity.

Edited by GENTLEMAN