Viljami Sinisalo

HanoiVillan

• 2 months later...
On 14/03/2023 at 10:07, useless said:

In Finland senior squad for their opening Euro Qualifers against Denmark and Northern Ireland. I think he's one of three keepers named so might not play, but good for him to be involved.

This is cool. I’d be really open to him being our second choice keeper next season.

• 1 month later...

Pointless having 2 keepers on the bench if he's not trusted. 

Can't be anymore worse than Olsen so give him a try or put someone on the bench who might get minutes,

Surely right back cover or give him an opportunity or Martinez wears tracksuit bottoms! 

21 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Pointless having 2 keepers on the bench if he's not trusted. 

Can't be anymore worse than Olsen so give him a try or put someone on the bench who might get minutes,

Surely right back cover or give him an opportunity or Martinez wears tracksuit bottoms! 

Not this again GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kingman said:

How dare someone have an opinion on a public message board 

Ridiculous 

I think the point @a-k is making is that Emery has two keepers on the bench not because the second one might get minutes but because he thinks it makes the pre-match warm-up better. I don't really understand why, but he's paid to be a football manager and I'm not, so fair enough really. Anyway the point being that Sinisalo isn't on the bench because he might get minutes (he won't, unless we suffer two goalkeeper injuries) so it's not a relevant metric for thinking about whether he should be on the bench. He's on the bench for warm-up routines. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think the point @a-k is making is that Emery has two keepers on the bench not because the second one might get minutes but because he thinks it makes the pre-match warm-up better. I don't really understand why, but he's paid to be a football manager and I'm not, so fair enough really. Anyway the point being that Sinisalo isn't on the bench because he might get minutes (he won't, unless we suffer two goalkeeper injuries) so it's not a relevant metric for thinking about whether he should be on the bench. He's on the bench for warm-up routines. 

I wasn't aware of that ideology, Makes even less sense because anyone can warm on the pitch pre or post match, 

You don't need to be in the official match day squad to effectively put the cones and bibs out . 

Olsen doesn't take much betterment so for Emery to have less confidence in Sinisalo is really worrying if Olsen gets a bout of the shits.

30 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I wasn't aware of that ideology, Makes even less sense because anyone can warm on the pitch pre or post match, 

You don't need to be in the official match day squad to effectively put the cones and bibs out . 

Olsen doesn't take much betterment so for Emery to have less confidence in Sinisalo is really worrying if Olsen gets a bout of the shits.

It’s been pointed out many times over the past 6 weeks. The majority of Spanish teams have 2 keepers on the bench. Ancelotti had to explain this during his time at Everton, 2 keepers for team warm ups whilst the no1 concentrates on his own preparation with the GK coach.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

It’s been pointed out many times over the past 6 weeks. The majority of Spanish teams have 2 keepers on the bench. Ancelotti had to explain this during his time at Everton, 2 keepers for team warm ups whilst the no1 concentrates on his own preparation with the GK coach.

Principle stands, See 1st & 2nd line above!

I had no idea about this as I've just posted on the Olsen thread. I believed Sinisalo was on the bench to get used to being on the bench for matchdays, thinking they were warming him up to it ready to be our number 2 next season if they can get an offer for Olsen. 

• 1 month later...

He's still pretty young. 

Just checked when Leicester were loaning Iversen out to Preston and he was 23-24.

Pickford was still out on loan at 22 aswell but you do feel he needs to make an impact in league 1 this time given Burton wasn't a great few months for him at all.

How good is this lad? Don’t think I’ve ever seen him play.

Is he a potential starter for us one day, huge potential? Or is he more likely to be moved on?

Strengths and weaknesses?

Won’t do him any harm learning under Emi but nothing like playing in proper games so more loans make sense.

GK department definitely needs strengthening, especially with our extra games but Olsen is hopeless too.

Edited by Jas10

9 hours ago, NeilS said:

This could be a good move for the lad to gain some vital playing time and experience. From Birmingham Live  quoting Alan Nixon so might be rubbish.

Exeter eying loan deal

Aston Villa youngster Viljami Sinisalo is reportedly set to join Exeter City on a season-long loan.

The 21-year-old is Villa's third choice goalkeeper and has featured on the bench for Unai Emery's side during the past season. Sinisalo joined League One side Burton Albion on loan last summer before returning in January.

Despite making just eight appearance for the Brewers, he is said to have caught the eye of Exeter, journalist Alan Nixon reports. It is said that Villa understand he needs regular game time to progress, and see the League One side as a good opportunity following a previous spell in the league.

Probably true, exeter released blackman at the end of the season and are looking for a new no 1 for next season on lower wages than blackman was on.

Â