Viljami Sinisalo

HanoiVillan

38 minutes ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

The future looks bright.

I've no issue with regularly farming a young keeper out. Of all positions, these guys need games given the likelihood of benchwarming behind an elite #1.

It would be good to give him another loan at a higher level next season and maybe even a PL loan the season after that. He'll be 25 y/o in the 26/27 season and could be pushing Emi (34 y/o at that point). Hard to say what will happen at that point, but it will be a nice problem to have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

Players Player of the Year.

Fans Player of the Year. 

The other four for ...erm... Player of the Year  - from 4 out of 5 Grecian Groups who award a POTY trophy.

He must be good then right? 

Viljami Sinisalo said his season at Exeter City has been "the best year" of his life.

The Finland goalkeeper, 22, has spent the season on loan at St James Park from Aston Villa and played 50 games.

He started all but one of Exeter's League One matches and helped the club reach the last 16 of the Carabao Cup, knocking out Premier League side Luton Town on the way.

He was named both the players' and supporters' player of the year as he won six awards at the Grecians' end-of-season awards night.

"It's been the best year of my life, the best footballing season of my life," he told BBC Radio Devon.

"It's been brilliant. I owe so much to the football club and everyone around here.

"All I can say is thank you and I love this football club and hopefully one day, I don't know when, I can return here."

(Link:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c6py9m6lqyqo)

On 25/04/2024 at 08:10, Exeter Fan Too said:

Fantastic character here - absolutely the right mindset and speaks so well for a footballer, let alone one who (presumably) has English as his second language.

Posted (edited)

He'd be best signing an extension here and going out on Loan again. Then coming back to be No2 understudy to Martinez 

Or we do a sale with buyback if that works for us 

Edited by CVByrne

Â