Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Can't see why at least the Ladies final isn't best of 5, esp now the men's doubles final has been dropped to best of 3 and the Ladies doubles is now on Sunday. The centre court crowd saw less than 3.5 hours of top-level play today, and I dread to think of the cost.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Can't see why at least the Ladies final isn't best of 5, esp now the men's doubles final has been dropped to best of 3 and the Ladies doubles is now on Sunday. The centre court crowd saw less than 3.5 hours of top-level play today, and I dread to think of the cost.

Yes these rules were set in prehistoric times when were ladies were much smaller and less fit than men. This is not the case anymore. Slams should be played over 5 sets men and women.

Decent final so far and glad Alcaraz has fought his way back into it after a horror first set.

whilst Djokovic is undoubtedly one of the greatest ever players he’s a bit of nob and make it easy to cheer on his opponent, whoever they are. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

A Brit won the junior men’s final on number one court earlier, first time since the 60s I think. The missus was there watching it.

First one since Stanley Matthews Jr in 1962. Which I hadn't known about. 

• Like 1

Djokovic is a massive tool. Also winning one grand slam until 2011 and being notorious for withdrawing from matches to being nearly unbeatable in 2011 and one of the fittest players ever and putting it down to going gluten free is the biggest load of horse arse I've ever heard

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Novak has binned this set off mentally more or less and readying for set 4. Hopefully alcaraz doesn't collapse.like a sack of potatoes like he did at the French and can get this done

• Like 1

Â