Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

I'm not a huge tennis fan, but this thread was nearly at the bottom of page 2, which quite surprised me. 

Anyway, when did Chrith Eubankth take up tennis? 

Urgh djokovic is such a boring word removed. Going to win this at a canter, geezers ancient in tennis terms and nobody can even take a set. Going to win about 10 Wimbledons and can't even volley. 

Remember this guy playing now Berrettini, served like an absolute robot all grass season at queen's and all the way to Wimbledon final, lo and behold against djokovic serve went tits up and 1st serve % was about 40. Someone's got to step up soon surely??

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Urgh djokovic is such a boring word removed. Going to win this at a canter, geezers ancient in tennis terms and nobody can even take a set. Going to win about 10 Wimbledons and can't even volley. 

Remember this guy playing now Berrettini, served like an absolute robot all grass season at queen's and all the way to Wimbledon final, lo and behold against djokovic serve went tits up and 1st serve % was about 40. Someone's got to step up soon surely??

Alcaraz has already stepped up and is a real.threat to Djokovic. But when you look at Djokovic. Such Is his dominance at Wimbledon he hasn't lost on centre court for 10 years and that was that final against Murray.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

He lost a set in the game he just won and should have lost the first. 

31 minutes ago, Nicho said:

He lost a set in the game he just won and should have lost the first. 

Yes he could easily have lost the first two sets. He just couldn't handle the Hurkacz serve which was incredible

25 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If he kept the level he played for a set and a half he could beat anybody but anybody match now 

That'd be huge stamina for a 21 y.o., I think he'll take the match but would certainly benefit from a break...

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I thought Russian players were banned from Wimbledon? 

(Andrey Rublev - also a great movie by Tarkovsky). 

They were allowed back in if they renounced the flag essentially.

All a bit daft. Let them in or have them out, the lip service to political grandstanding means nothing.

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's a pretty good indicator of how dislikeable Djokovic is, that a British crowd in 2023 can cheer for a Russian. 

Not cheap those Wimbledon center court  tickets. The crowd just want the match to go on. He has plenty of support. He was signing loads of autographs earlier. 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hindrance call, what the hell is that?

Imagine if the refs were consistent with those calls. Be a lot of the top players in the world that wouldn't win a single point, ever.

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sinner looks a little undercooked as he has had a very easy run to the S/F's.

Yes I expected a closer contest.  But Djokovic has upped his game from the quarters.

Â