Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

Only way i can describe it - Djokovic has an innate ability to stay absolutely present during every point. It’s the reason he’s so difficult to shake off too when he’s behind. Doesn’t drop the head and it’s the reason he doesn’t get too complacent if he’s ahead. Literally stays in the middle mentally during every point. Remarkable. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I was on the Prime app and decided to watch a replay of Emma Raddacanu's match at Indian Wells. And what do you know? She gets injured, yet again. She slipped and rolled her ankle. It's quite unbelievable the bad luck this girl has had with injuries. 

On 29/01/2023 at 13:54, Johnnyp said:

Only way i can describe it - Djokovic has an innate ability to stay absolutely present during every point. It’s the reason he’s so difficult to shake off too when he’s behind. Doesn’t drop the head and it’s the reason he doesn’t get too complacent if he’s ahead. Literally stays in the middle mentally during every point. Remarkable. 

For me, the most competitive sportsman ever.

• Like 2

It was a good game. Daniel was playing supremely well in the first set, well above his regular level I reckon but was clearly tiring. 

Tonight's match between Draper and Murray will be very tasty. Have to be a re-watch in the morning as I think its a 1am start. But a meeting of the old and the new, will be fascinated to see how that goes. Think I might favour Draper slightly

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alcaraz  Djokovic semi-final is going to be some match. Alcaraz looks unbeatable on clay and Djokovic going for his 23rd slam plus the only player in history to win all three majors at least three times

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Alcaraz  Djokovic semi-final is going to be some match. Alcaraz looks unbeatable on clay and Djokovic going for his 23rd slam plus the only player in history to win all three majors at least three times

If anyone is to beat Alcaraz, it's Djokovic. 

Just now, Xela said:

Djokovic the greatest of all time?

23 majors. Only bloke to win all four majors at least 3 times.

Scary thing is he looked as fit as the rest and prob going to be fav again for Wimbledon. Injury aside he prob has another 2 years in him and apart from Ruud and Alcarez there just isn't enough good players around.

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yes  I reckon there  can be no argument now. Incredible to keep going for so long at that level.   Must be favourite for Wimbledon now as he always wins there. 

Ruud seems like a genuinely nice person. Hope he wins one soon

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Think so. He has the most complete game on all surfaces.

Nadal obviously the greatest on clay, and I think prime Federer or Sampras beat him on grass? But across the board he’s been the most consistent and has probably had the hardest ride accumulating titles of any of the greats… Federer had that early career period when the quality of competition was fairly weak, and 2/3s of Nadal’s grand slams are at Roland Garros.

Shame he seems like a bit of a dick, but he is an incredible player.

6 hours ago, Xela said:

yes from me.

the man is like a machine, sure the greats could all beat him on their day but also the reverse is true.

What's more impressive is winning the vast majority of those GS's in amongst the other greats like Federer, Nadal and dare we say Murray

I don't get the dislike of him from some quarters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nobody watching Wimbledon then?

The presenters in the studio yesterday morning were very easy on the eye ;)

as for the actual tennis, I do NOT like this new "must make the winner do an interview on court" bollocks.

Especially in the first round FFS.

• Like 1

Â