Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Nobody watching Wimbledon then?

The presenters in the studio yesterday morning were very easy on the eye ;)

as for the actual tennis, I do NOT like this new "must make the winner do an interview on court" bollocks.

Especially in the first round FFS.

I've been watching it on and off seeing as I'm off work this week.  I was rooting for Jodie Burrage. 

As for them Just Stop Oil protesters... pathetic. 

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Nobody watching Wimbledon then?

The presenters in the studio yesterday morning were very easy on the eye ;)

as for the actual tennis, I do NOT like this new "must make the winner do an interview on court" bollocks.

Especially in the first round FFS.

Yes I don't like that either. Wonderful win for Broady today against the French open finalist 

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Murray making a great game of this against Tsitsipas. What a battle he's had over injuries to get back to this point.

Yes a titanium hip. Thought he might hsve a chance against the Greek given his poor record at Wimbledon and weak backhand 

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d75pfarvhl5azgr3yqdm

Didn’t think The Balding would ever be in your thinking 🤔😬

Oh yes, I love lesbians!

• Shocked 1

51 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Come on Andy. Make us believe again.

I’ve bet on him to win at 33-1. This game has given me belief.

Tisipas has a moster of a forehand and Murray survived that barrage and figured it out. Shame it was on late he looked like he’d broken him.

Wonder if that momentum can carry into tomorrow and if that late injury will cause any problems. 

I don't think the roof helps Andy so hopefully opened up tomorrow will help fingers crossed no further injury. 

If he gets through draw has opened up a bit with lasso djere next. Cam Norrie potentially after that.

Seriously Murray can't win Wimbledon. If he gets to the second week, the quarters then that's a fantastic achievement. It would have been better for him if he could have finished it last night. To start fresh again today makes it much more difficult imo. 

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Seriously Murray can't win Wimbledon. If he gets to the second week, the quarters then that's a fantastic achievement. It would have been better for him if he could have finished it last night. To start fresh again today makes it much more difficult imo. 

Clearly. The almost emotional scenee from his family in the box of him just winning a set in the 2nd round shows how hard it is for him now.

I've not seen someone run that slow on the baseline or rush the net since my grandad used to play but hey he's out there. He's bionic. He's giving it his all. We all want to believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

We have only batted 44 over, what a joke. Bazball is the only way this lot know 

Stokes using a tennis racket now then? 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Murray out. Sad stuff. Never looked in control really.

Think he would have won if it carried on last night but all momentum gone when you hsve to restart next day 

Â