Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sinner is nearly 15 years younger and is being schooled. Final might be a bit more interesting.

A 21 year old playing a 36 year old used to be a huge advantage to the younger guy 

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Back in the day as soon as you got to 28 or 29 you were seen as past it. I think Sampras retired at 32.

And 21 was considered peak for the likes of Borg and McEnroe

Edited by PaulC

13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

About time Novax tasted defeat, maybe tomorrow.

Hopefully.

He might but its a massive task. He hasn't played anybody yet that has come close to winning Wimbledon and we know what happened in the French Open on his favourite surface.

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He might but its a massive task. He hasn't played anybody yet that has come close to winning Wimbledon and we know what happened in the French Open on his favourite surface.

He is an all time great but FFS it's like watching Man-cheater City continually winning everything - boring.

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

He is an all time great but FFS it's like watching Man-cheater City continually winning everything - boring.

It will end soon but in 10 years i think we might be saying the same thing about Alcaraz . Wheres the competition going to come from. The last 15 or so years have been great because of the three greats plus Murray and a couple of others.  I think Sinner will win a grand slam or two but will never reach the level of Alcaraz

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes she is really struggling. So many unforced errors. The pressure was all on her today.

Seems to be par for the course for her to lose first set

Â