Tennis: General Chat

snowychap

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

why does he need to take his bag with him?  Dodgy as ****.

I don't like him either but I suspect it has a change of top / undies / shorts if he feels a bit sweaty.  He didn't need just shy of 7 minutes mind (unless he was struggling to have a massive poop or had to :puke:). 

23 minutes ago, trekka said:

I don't like him either but I suspect it has a change of top / undies / shorts if he feels a bit sweaty.  He didn't need just shy of 7 minutes mind (unless he was struggling to have a massive poop or had to :puke:). 

Just playing the rules, trying to break the momentum of Alcaraz. Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

Some game of tennis this, it’s got the highs and lows the villain and the good guy and the necessary ebbs and flows

hoping Alcraraz can close this out now. Not a big tennis fan but I really do despise Djokovic as a human being

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Just playing the rules, trying to break the momentum of Alcaraz. Nothing wrong with that.

Exactly! Amazing how some can't just appreciate sheer determination to be the best at what you do. He's a phenomenal sportsman and arguably the greatest competitor ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

I don't watch much tennis but there doesn't seem to be much competition, this kid could win almost everything over the next 5-6 years.

That's what i think. He is an amazing talent and if he remains injury free and motivated there's nobody out there that will be able to touch him 

Jokovic on the young pretenders to his throne, earlier this week: 

"I know that they want to get a scalp, they want to win - but it ain’t happening", 

It is now, Novak. 

20 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Jokovic on the young pretenders to his throne, earlier this week: 

"I know that they want to get a scalp, they want to win - but it ain’t happening", 

It is now, Novak. 

The moment was on the alcaraz BP down in the 5th and pulled out the prime Nadal defence to get back about 6 near certain winners and outlast Djokovic. And then broke him in the next game. That was the moment, Djokovic didn't lose it but Alcaraz beat him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

The moment was on the alcaraz BP down in the 5th and pulled out the prime Nadal defence to get back about 6 near certain winners and outlast Djokovic. And then broke him in the next game. That was the moment, Djokovic didn't lose it but Alcaraz beat him.

Yes Alcaraz deserved to win but I just think Djokovic lost his chance in the 2nd set tie break after going 3-0 up and played a number of unforced errors when he normally lifts his game in tie breaks. Win that I think he wins the tournament.

On 16/07/2023 at 19:03, theboyangel said:

Regardless of being unlikeable, Djokovic has spoken well and graciously post match.

Fair play to him. 

Thought he came across as a prick tbh, trying to claim he should have won, saying he maybe won some tournaments that he shouldn't have earlier in the season by inference that he should have won that one, even stevens my arse. Don't recall him congratulating the winner either.

Â