Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Back to the grind then.

Simply got to beat one of Chelsea, Man. United or Arsenal at VP. Hopefully this battling performance will kick us on in those games but the cheap goals and slow starts remain an issue.

Chelsea are as bad defending corners as we are so fancy Samatta to score at least once v them.

The most frustrating thing about this team is that we all know we can play, we've shown it previously. We can fight and not just roll over like we shown today. 

I just hope and pray we put all this together for the last 11 league games. It's going to be a scrap and we cant give it up. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Back to the grind then.

Simply got to beat one of Chelsea, Man. United or Arsenal at VP. Hopefully this battling performance will kick us on in those games but the cheap goals and slow starts remain an issue.

Chelsea are as bad defending corners as we are so fancy Samatta to score at least once v them.

Those are write off games. we don't beat the big teams.

Newcastle, West Ham and Palace games are must win

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Cup final on TV and everyone is running themselves into the ground.

Away to Bournemouth and Southampton and players are strolling about.

Let's see what next month holds for some of these lads. I dont hold out hope.

Really is annoying that. Play like we did today against those and we have 6 points more.. frustrating.

3 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Really is annoying that. Play like we did today against those and we have 6 points more.. frustrating.

Absolutely. We 100% would be on 31 points now if they performed today’s final vs those two turds. 

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

When McGinn comes back, replace Konsa with him as well as Hause with Engels and play 4-3-3. We'll look so much better.

It's so obvious this needs to happen. I really hope Smith can see it too. I'll be worried if he can't.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

When McGinn comes back, replace Konsa with him as well as Hause with Engels and play 4-3-3. We'll look so much better.

So a move back to the team that we did so well with before SJM was injured?

Admittedly samagoal is a huge upgrade on wesley.

It’s the first time I see our whole team huddled together after the game! I seen a lot of teams does that like Sheffield Utd/ Wolves etc before the game & its a sign the players all united in their cause & get along well. These generally translate on how those teams plays good teamwork, supporting each other , running more to create angles/ opening for teammates etc. 

They says nothing unite more when facing a crisis & hope this huddle is the good sign that our players are now fighting as a team for the run in . 

If nothing else, yesterday went some way to further highlighting our issues in this league.

Most Premier League teams chase the ball down with far more efficiency than we do, subsequently, they stop us playing and passing and reduce our game to moments in a match, that's what we have to rely on to score goals....In contrast, we do not possess the same efficiency and subsequently allow them to play and they get more opportunities on our goal.

I am not sure if its the lack of quality of the players, not the right type of players or the coaching thats at fault.....but for me, its clear we have failed to address it and deal with it sufficiently.

Its also, clear to me, the better the team the more likely, they are better at closing or chasing the ball down, they stifle the opposition and Man City, did it to us, but we didn't do it to them, with the same efficiency.

I think, its the main difference between the Prem and the Championship, the Prem teams give you no time or space to play....they suffocate you.

I don't think, we have learnt this lesson and I think it will come back and haunt us in the run in.

One interesting stat....Southampton have 34 points , 9 more than us, and yet have scored only 1 more goal and conceded 1 less.

We need points, simple as that.

11 hours ago, Farlz said:

The most frustrating thing about this team is that we all know we can play, we've shown it previously. We can fight and not just roll over like we shown today. 

I just hope and pray we put all this together for the last 11 league games. It's going to be a scrap and we cant give it up. 

It really is frustrating....Albion will have a shock, when they come up and will have to adapt quick to survive.

but opposition teams won't let us play, they are more efficient at chasing the ball down and stop us passing  in contrast we are not so good and let them play.....we have to rely on short moments, in a game to score.

That is one of our major issues.

Edited by TRO

10 hours ago, KHV said:

Chelsea are falling apart lately IMO , Arsenal are powderpuff and **** knows what Man Utd will turn up

Could do with 6 points

Arsenal are not as Powder puff under Arteta as they was.

Its all about us.....we need to get our game together, that is the only chance we have.

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Cup final on TV and everyone is running themselves into the ground.

Away to Bournemouth and Southampton and players are strolling about.

Let's see what next month holds for some of these lads. I dont hold out hope.

spot on.

This league is not for the faint hearted, I think we have a few too many at times.....as you say yesterday was more of an exception.

Edited by TRO