Relegation thread

Knutserov13

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So what’s the difference between this thread and the Premier League thread?

edit: just read the first post. I think the thread should be renamed to players to keep after relegation or something like that

I said this on day one. As it is, most people won’t even open the thread because they’ll think it’s a negative thread about a relegation battle

Palace are one of those teams that can look to be in trouble but then will suddenly put a run of form together from nowhere and find themselves comfortably midtable. That said their fixtures look pretty tough for the last two months of the season, play Leicester, Chelsea, Man Utd, Wolves, Spurs, and two teams likely to be fighting for survival in us and Burnley, have also got Liverpool before then as well.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 18:49, Jareth said:

I could see Mcgin staying. If we sell Grealish (£90 mill), Mings (£40 mill), Luis (£15 mill) - that's a £170mill spend we could theoretically make with allowable losses, in the championship. Not that we'd need to spend that much, but it's a pretty unassailable advantage over other championship teams - plus a squad who know each other. Definitely gutting if we go down, but one heck of a better position thanks to last year's promotion. 

We bought Luiz for 15 million, he is a very promising player so its silly IMO to think we'd sell him for the same price we bought him for.

17 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So what’s the difference between this thread and the Premier League thread?

edit: just read the first post. I think the thread should be renamed to players to keep after relegation or something like that.

Well, thats how I named the thread when I started it. I guess one of the mods renamed it?

• 3 weeks later...

tbh, im 90% certain we are going back down after today's results.

What do we think the chances of NSWE just saying "we dont need the money, nobody is leaving, we are getting straight back up"?

(unless someone has a relegation release clause ofc).

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, im 90% certain we are going back down after today's results.

What do we think the chances of NSWE just saying "we dont need the money, nobody is leaving, we are getting straight back up"?

(unless someone has a relegation release clause ofc).

No chance of that - Jack, mings and mcginn will all be gone ,  not sure anyone would want any of the others 

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Without Jack we're a mid table Championship club

That's what money from the sale, and the transfer window is for. It's also one of the reasons we signed alot of the players we did, which will be one year more experienced. We were in the Premier League before Jack, and I'm pretty sure we will be in it AFTER Jack.

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No we're not. We will be absolutely fine next season. We will be pushing for top 2 all the way

I think so to extra year under the belts of our young squad bit more confidence and time to develop, this assuming we do go down! Not over yet 

I'm happy Watford won.

I could see the "ultra invincibles" headlines haunting us for years. Celebration shirts, Lawro being even more annoying, all the crap.

If we want to stay up we just need to win some games. Let's do it on our own and not look at others.