Relegation thread

Knutserov13

31 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Villa, Norwich and West Ham will go down i think.

There are no worse teams.

Watford for starters, apart from a slight up blip when Pearson first came in they have awful most of the season and they are two points below us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Watford for starters, apart from a slight up blip when Pearson first came in they have awful most of the season and they are two points below us.

Watford, Norwich and one other I am guessing. Us and 3 or 4 others fighting to not be that team.

14 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Watford, Norwich and one other I am guessing. Us and 3 or 4 others fighting to not be that team.

West Ham have shocked me this season.  Today was a massive blow for them mentally, being 2-0 up at home, then 3-1 and drawing, that’s soul crushing when you have Man City and Liverpool in the next two fixtures, then March doesn’t get much easier for them. Them are who I’m watching to collapse.  They have the talent but hasn’t worked so far and is it too much for Moyes to turn around now.

All of us have hard fixtures coming up so who knows.  Like Southampton, teams can pick up a few quick results and they are out of it.  I hope that’s us but feel this is going to the wire for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

West Ham have shocked me this season.  Today was a massive blow for them mentally, being 2-0 up at home, then 3-1 and drawing, that’s soul crushing when you have Man City and Liverpool in the next two fixtures, then March doesn’t get much easier for them. Them are who I’m watching to collapse.  They have the talent but hasn’t worked so far and is it too much for Moyes to turn around now.

All of us have hard fixtures coming up so who knows.  Like Southampton, teams can pick up a few quick results and they are out of it.  I hope that’s us but feel this is going to the wire for us.

Same as Watford throwing away leads vs us and Everton this week - I think they will be shell shocked from those. 

West Ham do have talent though. But you’re completely right. They are going to be right in the mix.

It looks like six clubs are in the relegation race with Norwich having one of the spots locked up. Which of the five clubs can string some wins together is the question, it looked like Watford could but the wheels are falling off at the moment. I'm shocked that West Ham have are in the mix.

53 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Absolutely stupid thread!

some people need to get a grip!

You're getting worked up about a discussion on an internet message board  

I think maybe you and some others need to get a grip  

It's an internet forum. No ones outside Dean Smith's house shouting 'you're going down' everytime he appears at the window. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm surprised that people would be so inclined to let some of the so called "stars" off the hook as if the same bastards wouldn't have played a big part in us being relegated in the first place! (Bar Jack) I don't know any other which has a devine right to be off to greener pastures because "they deserve it". A few of them would have to stay and help get us back up IMO.

Problem is they bring in huge money. 

It depends on their attitude as well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You're getting worked up about a discussion on an internet message board  

I think maybe you and some others need to get a grip  

It's an internet forum. No ones outside Dean Smith's house shouting 'you're going down' everytime he appears at the window. 

True!

Although after the idiots outside Man U’s Ed Woodward’s house the other night I wouldn’t be surprised these days!

2 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I haven’t a clue what you are talking about 

I don't think it's really that complicated...

In the event we WERE relegated for example, I don't see what devine right the likes of Mings (We pretty much MADE him today's Mings), McGinn (Poor form/performances before injury) as well as others who contributed to poor performances/ leading to hypothetical relegation.

As I said, barring Jack, i don't know why it should be set in stone that all these "better" players would "leave", or we would/should feel obliged to let them go,

Why was that difficult to comprehend? I obviously used the sample of previous posts in the thread?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I don't think this thread is inappropriate at all. Obviously the club will be planning what course of action they would take in the summer in the event of either staying up or going down. It would be utterly irresponsible for them not to have a plan in place for that eventuality.

It's a very weird form of superstition to think that fans addressing the possibility on a message board makes it more likely to happen.

• Like 2

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think this thread is inappropriate at all. Obviously the club will be planning what course of action they would take in the summer in the event of either staying up or going down. It would be utterly irresponsible for them not to have a plan in place for that eventuality.

It's a very weird form of superstition to think that fans addressing the possibility on a message board makes it more likely to happen.

We will have to sell the spine of our team if we go down considering how much we have spent.

Mings, McGinn and Jack will all leave.Probably Nakamba and Luiz as well.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We will have to sell the spine of our team if we go down considering how much we have spent.

Mings, McGinn and Jack will all leave.Probably Nakamba and Luiz as well.

Yes, I think all five of those are likely to leave, and probably Targett as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2020 at 02:41, Knutserov13 said:

Sorry for the negative title in this thread, but which players would/could stay?

If we go down, Jack will leave. Probably Mings. Maybe Luiz. Maybe Mcginn, I guess that'll depends on how he is after the injury.

I think Samatta, Nakamba, Guilbert, Konsa etc will stay if theres no relegationclause in their contracts.

Wesley and Heaton probably wont be fit when the season starts so they will stay.

Discuss!

I think we'd be in a fairly strong position should it happen, we would have a strong core to the team. Of the players I really want here next season I could only see Jack and Mings leaving I think SJM would stay.

A starting 11 something along these lines would more than cope with the Championship.

Heaton/Steer 

Engels Konsa Hause

Guilbert Nakamba Luiz Hourihane

Trez Samagoal AEG

I don't think we'd need to spend to much either to get a bit of strength in depth, I'd go in for Eze and Manning from QPR and see what decent Championship defenders are available.

On 02/02/2020 at 10:15, HanoiVillan said:

No need to worry anyway, if it looks like we are going to lose a game people can just “pop out and make a cup of tea”, we will be bound to score !

• Like 1

It's an unknown and a real possibility both, the thread has a place and is relevant as long as those two remain true, and as long as the latter is true it's quite appropriate, like it or not.

It's a proposition I don't want to engage as of right now mostly because I have little insight or input into who would be worth what and where the interest for specific players would come from. What I will say is that I think you can add a few to the obvious departures who are destined for top flight football next season, and they would be Guilbert and Engels and perhaps Targett. Grealish, Heaton, McGinn, Mings are all on contracts that would attract interest and buyers, but I'm not so sure about Luiz. He's a real prospect, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed. But as I said, I know little.

On 12/02/2020 at 14:12, zab6359 said:

I think we'd be in a fairly strong position should it happen, we would have a strong core to the team. Of the players I really want here next season I could only see Jack and Mings leaving I think SJM would stay.

A starting 11 something along these lines would more than cope with the Championship.

Heaton/Steer 

Engels Konsa Hause

Guilbert Nakamba Luiz Hourihane

Trez Samagoal AEG

I don't think we'd need to spend to much either to get a bit of strength in depth, I'd go in for Eze and Manning from QPR and see what decent Championship defenders are available.

Can't stand Hause.

Really hope we get rid in the summer.