Relegation thread

Knutserov13

36 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Sorry for the negative title in this thread, but which players would/could stay?

If we go down, Jack will leave. Probably Mings. Maybe Luiz. Maybe Mcginn, I guess that'll depends on how he is after the injury.

I think Samatta, Nakamba, Guilbert, Konsa etc will stay if theres no relegationclause in their contracts.

Wesley and Heaton probably wont be fit when the season starts so they will stay.

Discuss!

Can you rename the thread to something a bit less generic please?

”relegation thread” just looks like a reactionary thread set up by someone who thinks we’re going down. 

Maybe title it sometime like “Who would stay/go?”

• Like 1

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

I know they'll spend the money but it takes more than just splashing money to get out of the Championship.

How are we going to get a Mings or Mcginn level player to come to us in the Chammpionship? We won't, at least not one who is already on that level. We're gonna have to unearth gems, like what we did with Mings and Mcginn in the first place. Money certainly helps with that, but its by no means a certainty we will.

Well it'll be a rebuild, on a smaller scale than the last two rebuilds, with a significant financial advantage over the immediate competition. Can we spend it wisely? I think so, this time. 

1 hour ago, joshharris12 said:

Negative **** no need for thread

Absolutely a need to discuss the probability of the Championship next season.

We are knee deep in a relegation scrap and just lost a huge game against a relegation rival. Not for the first time this season. 

Came on to start the same thread but didn't want it to be negative either!

I still think we stay up. Nobody leaves apart from Reina, Drinkwater, Lansbury, Elmo and Taylor. We keep Jack and sign two great wingers

However, if the worst happens, I think:

Heaton and Wesley both stay as nobody will go for them following their injuries and age (Heaton) and poor form (Wesley). Heaton maybe but think as he'd have had no game time, it'll be too much of a risk for most clubs.

Grealish and McGinn both leave. £60m and £30m, way below actual value but keeps us afloat. Steer goes as won't be second choice in the Championship. £2m.

Mings. I can't decide, should be a dead-cert to leave like Jack & John but I feel like he gives us another year - as Captain. But we may be desperate to sell. Suppose will depend how good his Euros are. 

Luiz, Nakamba, Guilbert, El Ghazi, Samatta, Engels, Konsa, Hause and Trezeguet all stay.One of Taylor or Elmo leave

We try and shift Targett on as has more immediate value than most and might allow us to keep Mings.

Heaton

Guilbert Engels Mings New

Luiz.   Nakamba

New.              New       El Ghazi

Samatta

Bench: Nyland, Konsa, Elmo, Trezeguet, Jota, Wesley, Hourihane

Although really think Wes and Samatta could play well together. So maybe you go 2 up top and Davis on the bench

Signings: Winger, CAM and Left Back musts. CM and backup full back needed too

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

I could see Mcgin staying. If we sell Grealish (£90 mill), Mings (£40 mill), Luis (£15 mill) 

If we go down then we'll be in no position to ask for £90m for Grealish or £40m for Mings. The vultures would circle and the players could always force a move. They'd go for relative peanuts compared to their true worth 

I'm surprised that people would be so inclined to let some of the so called "stars" off the hook as if the same bastards wouldn't have played a big part in us being relegated in the first place! (Bar Jack) I don't know any other which has a devine right to be off to greener pastures because "they deserve it". A few of them would have to stay and help get us back up IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Gk - steer,nyland

Rb - elmo, Guilbert

Lb - Target, taylor

CB - Engels, hause & Konza

Mf - hourihane, nakamba

Wingers - trezeguet, el ghazi, Jota 

Forwards - Wes, Samatta, Davis

I think that's a really strong championship core and with huge sales and parachute payments we will be able to sign some top championship players and good loans. 

I am pretty confident we piss the championship next year. 

I am sure some would leave who we don’t expect (I think there might be top flight interest in the likes of Guilbert) and a couple might stay who we don’t expect, but I think this is broadly right and agreed we would likely win the league. Don’t think it would be at all like the disaster it was last time we went down.

Edited by Adam2003

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm surprised that people would be so inclined to let some of the so called "stars" off the hook as if the same bastards wouldn't have played a big part in us being relegated in the first place! (Bar Jack) I don't know any other which has a devine right to be off to greener pastures because "they deserve it". A few of them would have to stay and help get us back up IMO.

I haven’t a clue what you are talking about