Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Know it was just a training game but conceding 2 against Baggies still doesn't fill me with much confidence.

Thought they had been working on the defence.

Edited by villalad21

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They haven’t beaten us in the league since 2005, long may it continue

Yeah I agree but only by virtue of not playing them. Let’s stay in the premier league and let them rot in whatever league they wind up in

• Like 1

We aren't the only ones that face some potentially difficult games during the rest of this season:

Brighton have, Arsenal (h), Leicester (a), Man Utd (h), Liverpool (h) & Man City (h).

West Ham face, Wolves (h), Spurs (a), Chelsea (h) & Man Utd (a).

Watford play, Leicester (h), Chelsea (a), Man City (h) & Arsenal (a).

Bournemouth take on, Wolves (a), Man Utd (a), Spurs (h), Leicester (h) & Man City (a).

Norwich are already 4 points behind us and play,  Arsenal (a), Chelsea (a) & Man City (a).    

They will all have some negative thoughts about the games to come and be anxiously looking over their shoulders at us (other than Norwich). Their only consolation is that it's only us that have to face the mighty Sheffield United! ;)

31 minutes ago, John said:

We aren't the only ones that face some potentially difficult games during the rest of this season:

Brighton have, Arsenal (h), Leicester (a), Man Utd (h), Liverpool (h) & Man City (h).

West Ham face, Wolves (h), Spurs (a), Chelsea (h) & Man Utd (a).

Watford play, Leicester (h), Chelsea (a), Man City (h) & Arsenal (a).

Bournemouth take on, Wolves (a), Man Utd (a), Spurs (h), Leicester (h) & Man City (a).

Norwich are already 4 points behind us and play,  Arsenal (a), Chelsea (a) & Man City (a).    

They will all have some negative thoughts about the games to come and be anxiously looking over their shoulders at us (other than Norwich). Their only consolation is that it's only us that have to face the mighty Sheffield United! ;)

Yeah, but we are the only team in the league who are yet to win a game against the big sides.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I'll be amazed if we stay up, it's just not going to happen as we're just so poor in every measurable way.

If the defending don't improve we got no chance.

When you have to score 2 goals every game just to draw, well good luck.

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Know it was just a training game but conceding 2 against Baggies still doesn't fill me with much confidence.

They have......would have been six.

just kidding.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

And what was the defence when we conceded the goals? Do you know anything of the match outside the result? What were the goals like, were they defence mistakes or screamers? 

I’m guessing you don’t know the answer to any of this but still just want to moan and post negative rubbish. 

You do realise they’ve only been training as a full group for a week? Not much they could’ve trained on as a group then.

You do realize there is only 10 days left till we'll be playing against Sheff Utd in the Premier League? 10 days.

I very much doubt they played a reserve team.

Of course it's just a training game, but i am still allowed to feel concerned.

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

This is bang on. I saw a video the other day of the Coral recording Up In My Lonely Room perfectly in sync on Zoom in lockdown. Don’t tell me we couldn’t have done similar work on coordinating our offside trap with each player in their living room.

I just can’t read our situation at all. I am up and down like a whore’s draws! The situation is so unique. One minute I am thinking we won’t win another game all season and the next minute I have us winning all of our first 4 matches! Avoiding injuries to our better players and getting off to a good start is key.

I know that we have had some big games in the past few years but I have a feeling that our next match could prove to be bigger than all of them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Well in the grand league table we're only three places above them so probably not a massive leap to suggest there's not a huge amount of difference between the quality of the two teams. Also have no idea how the 3 x 30min sessions worked, who played and whether our best was ever up against their best. They say results don't matter in friendlies but that's even more the case in this glorified training session.

Still think we'll be relegated mind!

We do have 10 games to go so anything could happen . I feel the lack of crowd will make for dull atmospheric matches , and have zero advantage for the home sides or away sides. You would conclude then that the better players and teams will fair better in this training ground atmosphere. I totally fear for our survival , but maybe whilst the players have been sat at home they have learnt how to defend and run as a team😦

I think Smith has criticised some in the past for being training ground players. I take that as people who perform better in training than in a match. Perhaps, these matches without crowds will actually work in our favour as it’ll be more like a training  ground 

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

I think Smith has criticised some in the past for being training ground players. I take that as people who perform better in training than in a match. Perhaps, these matches without crowds will actually work in our favour as it’ll be more like a training  ground 

Makes sense let’s hope it’s true.