Relegation thread

Knutserov13

37 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jack is the only reason we got promoted in the first place.

If we are relegated and we lose him i can't see where the creativity is coming from. All our wingers are trash

no he wasent he was a big reason but others played a massive impact. Tammy was our top goalscorer last season others got lots of goals and assists and helped us up. it was a great team effort to get us promoted! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villaluke said:

no he wasent he was a big reason but others played a massive impact. Tammy was our top goalscorer last season others got lots of goals and assists and helped us up. it was a great team effort to get us promoted! 

We had like 2 wins in 12 games when Jack was injured.

If there were no Jack there would be no promotion.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We had like 2 wins in 12 games when Jack was injured.

If there were no Jack there would be no promotion.

you could say if we didn't have tammy there would be no promotion, it wasent all down to jack grealish that we got promotion granted a big reason but just wrong to say it was all down to Grealish that we got promoted!

Just now, villaluke said:

you could say if we didn't have tammy there would be no promotion, it wasent all down to jack grealish that we got promotion granted a big reason but just wrong to say it was all down to Grealish that we got promoted!

Not true.

We didn't suddenly stop winning games when Tammy was out. Kodjia is very well capable in scoring goals at that level.

When Jack got injured we stopped winning football games. It's because he is the sole creativity in our team.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not true.

We didn't suddenly stop winning games when Tammy was out. Kodjia is very well capable in scoring goals at that level.

When Jack got injured we stopped winning football games. It's because he is the sole creativity in our team.

grealish played a massive part of getting promoted but hes not the only reason we got promoted like you said! you just wrong to say that and no one would agree with you that hes the only reason why hes got promoted! 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Well he kind of is considering we couldn't win football games without him.

even thats not true! not many but we did win games without grealish last season! Even grealish and dean smith would say it wasent all down to grealish last season it was a team effort! Even grealish admitted that he was shit in the championship play off final! 

1 minute ago, villaluke said:

even thats not true! not many but we did win games without grealish last season! Even grealish and dean smith would say it wasent all down to grealish last season it was a team effort! Even grealish admitted that he was shit in the championship play off final! 

So where was this team effort when Jack was injured?

I can promise you they didn't down tools before his return. The reality is we were a mid table Championship side without Jack, a promotion winning side with Jack.

That's exactly the worry if we are relegated. Where is the creative outlet?

if there was little team effort on your 1 point that means they have down tools! you do know we will sign people if we sell Grealish? maybe we should focus on trying to stay up instead of talking about what could happen next season. 

Jack's return was the spark that started that tremendous late run, but it's "not true" to claim that he got us up on his own villalad21. Tyrone, Tammy and McGinn, were among others, that played a crucial part in what was a big team effort. By the way, Kodjia wasn't near to being half as effective as Tammy was up front last season and he wouldn't have scored anywhere near the number of goals that Tammy did. Let's focus on staying up this season now. Jack has an opportunity to keep us up this time, with a little help from his friends. ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If we are relegated and we lose him i can't see where the creativity is coming from. All our wingers are trash

If only there was a transfer window.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

El Ghazi played well in the run in last season. Of course we would sign new players aswell. Might not be as good as Grealish (would be near impossible to get someone as good as him with us being a championship club) but there's plenty out there who'd be effective in championship just like the ones we signed between 2016-17.

11 hours ago, sne said:

The one saving grace if we go down now is that it might not be as mentally crushing as  regular relegation might have been.

If we are relegated now we can rightly convince ourselves that it was unfair and under extraordinary circumstances.

Had we gone down with a whimper the regular way it could have been crushing and who knows what effect it might have had on the squad and the manager. It might be easier to rally the squad around this type of relegation and motivate a response. Then again it might be even worse.

We are not down yet and I think this break was a blessing for us as I honestly think we were going down had the season continued. We looked spent towards the end.

Last time we went down it was the first time we're played in the second tier since the late 80s so while everyone knew relegation was coming it was still a culture shock for Aston Villa to be in the second division and even though we got new ownership there was still a hangover and really it took most of the first season to get to grips with the challenge of the league despite all the signings we made.

I really don't see an excuse this time. Ultimately majority of our present squad are more used to second tier football than premier league, either from playing for other clubs like Konsa or been with us for last few years (Hourihane). Those are two who'd be weekly starters if we went down.

I'd be expecting us to challenge for top 2. If Fulham can go down and keep Mitrovic I really don't see why we'd lost pretty much all our good players in one go. When we went down last time I thought Ayew would be first to go but he stuck around until January although ironically he wasn't that effective in the championship (probably important the players we want to keep actually want to give their all for us in championship).

Dean Smith will be under the same pressure Steve Bruce was at start of 18/19. If we're not in the top 6 at least by start of October he'll be gone. We need to hit the ground running although that will be difficult with the very quick turnaround in seasons. That is the same for the other two relegated clubs though and of course the three clubs who miss out in the play offs and will lose key players like Derby did after losing play off final last season.

Surprised so many seem content to be scrapping around 8th-9th. We required a 10 match winning run to make the play offs last season, that's a very rare thing to happen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Last time we went down it was the first time we're played in the second tier since the late 80s so while everyone knew relegation was coming it was still a culture shock for Aston Villa to be in the second division and even though we got new ownership there was still a hangover and really it took most of the first season to get to grips with the challenge of the league despite all the signings we made.

I really don't see an excuse this time. Ultimately majority of our present squad are more used to second tier football than premier league, either from playing for other clubs like Konsa or been with us for last few years (Hourihane). Those are two who'd be weekly starters if we went down.

I'd be expecting us to challenge for top 2. If Fulham can go down and keep Mitrovic I really don't see why we'd lost pretty much all our good players in one go. When we went down last time I thought Ayew would be first to go but he stuck around until January although ironically he wasn't that effective in the championship (probably important the players we want to keep actually want to give their all for us in championship).

Dean Smith will be under the same pressure Steve Bruce was at start of 18/19. If we're not in the top 6 at least by start of October he'll be gone. We need to hit the ground running although that will be difficult with the very quick turnaround in seasons. That is the same for the other two relegated clubs thoughHi  and of course the three clubs who miss out in the play offs and will lose key players like Derby did after losing play off final last season.

Surprised so many seem content to be scrapping around 8th-9th. We required a 10 match winning run to make the play offs last season, that's a very rare thing to happen.

I’ve said many times but Jack aside and I don’t think we will lose any other player unless it’s for a decent money. Even then I’d expect that money to be reinvested on new players. If we failed to go up first season that’s when I expect a lot of the so called better players to leave.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John said:

Jack's return was the spark that started that tremendous late run, but it's "not true" to claim that he got us up on his own villalad21. Tyrone, Tammy and McGinn, were among others, that played a crucial part in what was a big team effort. By the way, Kodjia wasn't near to being half as effective as Tammy was up front last season and he wouldn't have scored anywhere near the number of goals that Tammy did. Let's focus on staying up this season now. Jack has an opportunity to keep us up this time, with a little help from his friends. ;)

Jed Steer as well, we were such a mess in goal and he actually started our upturn in form as well 

• Like 2

Listening to some player interviews I think it will be the team with more mature players that will thrive. Some players are complaining they have to wash own clothes and cook for themselves. 

The basics in life 😂