Relegation thread

Knutserov13

23 hours ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

We do have 10 games to go so anything could happen . I feel the lack of crowd will make for dull atmospheric matches , and have zero advantage for the home sides or away sides. You would conclude then that the better players and teams will fair better in this training ground atmosphere. I totally fear for our survival , but maybe whilst the players have been sat at home they have learnt how to defend and run as a team😦

I think the opposite there.

We will be missing our home support,where as the opposition will not reiceve any hostility from the non existant fans.I think the remaining 10 games are going to favour the away teams.

I think the remaining games will favour the best teams. We are good enough to stay up if Jack hits the ground running and he always performs after resting. For me the lockdown has favoured no one more than us. UTV 

• Like 1

Just now, tinker said:

I think the remaining games will favour the best teams. We are good enough to stay up if Jack hits the ground running and he always performs after resting. For me the lockdown has favoured no one more than us. UTV 

We'll face mainly the big teams though

As I indicated on the previous page villalad21, we aren't the only ones:

Brighton - Arsenal (h), Leicester (a), Man Utd (h), Liverpool (h) & Man City (h).

West Ham - Wolves (h), Spurs (a), Chelsea (h) & Man Utd (a).

Watford - Leicester (h), Chelsea (a), Man City (h) & Arsenal (a).

Bournemouth - Wolves (a), Man Utd (a), Spurs (h), Leicester (h) & Man City (a).

6 minutes ago, tinker said:

I agree 100%

Empty stadiums will favour the team  that plays the best football for the most part. Less travel and stadium familiarity will help the home team a little  but it will come down to skill and desire. I agree that the lockdown has favoured Villa.

39 minutes ago, John said:

As I indicated on the previous page villalad21, we aren't the only ones:

Brighton - Arsenal (h), Leicester (a), Man Utd (h), Liverpool (h) & Man City (h).

West Ham - Wolves (h), Spurs (a), Chelsea (h) & Man Utd (a).

Watford - Leicester (h), Chelsea (a), Man City (h) & Arsenal (a).

Bournemouth - Wolves (a), Man Utd (a), Spurs (h), Leicester (h) & Man City (a).

Yeah but we are the worst team in the league against the big teams. Only team with zero wins against them.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah but we are the worst team in the league against the big teams. Only team with zero wins against them.

what is a big team? Arsenal are they are big team but only 1 point ahead of Burnley who we beat at Turf Moor. 

Not sure why Wolves are being counted as a big team, if it wasn't for the poorer than usual form of teams like Spurs, Arsenal and United then their 44 points wouldn't see them anywhere near top four. They're only four points ahead of the likes of Palace and Burnley, they've only won a couple of their last ten games in all competitions as well. I think they've become an overrated team, in part probably because they get a lot of eye catching results against the divisions better teams, and I guess their players are more glamours than those that play for teams like Burnley and Sheffield United.

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The top half teams then. Yet to get a win against them.

beat Burnley away. Come on your better than that ;) 

Edited by Zatman

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Burnley are mid table. Come on your better than that.

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The top half teams then. Yet to get a win against them.

Sure

A win against a top half team would be nice, but it doesn’t mean a lot if that’s the only game we win. We need to get, in my mind, probably 3 wins and 2 draws as a minimum, and even then it would be close... but at this stage in the season it is survival, not big scalp hunting, which is what we need. 

Just now, alreadyexists said:

A win against a top half team would be nice, but it doesn’t mean a lot if that’s the only game we win. We need to get, in my mind, probably 3 wins and 2 draws as a minimum, and even then it would be close... but at this stage in the season it is survival, not big scalp hunting, which is what we need. 

Have you watched our fixture list? We don't got many games against teams around us.

We are done for if we don't get a big scalp

These are our fixtures...

Sheffield United (h), Chelseas (h), Newcastle (a), Wolves (h), Liverpool (a), Manchester United (h), Palace (h), Everton (a), Arsenal (h), West Ham (a)

There are plenty of winnable games there, and the only one I would consider a scalp if were to win would be the Liverpool fixture, and even they might be playing their youth players by then, and possibly Man Utd because of their good record against us. A lot of them might not have anything to play for either by the time we play them, Liverpool as already indicated, Palace and Everton also, and probably Arsenal, West Ham might be safe as well when we play them.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think we’ll beat West Ham on the last day and it will relegate them and keep us up. Wouldn’t that be lovely!?

I don’t think my heart would survive that last game.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think we’ll beat West Ham on the last day and it will relegate them and keep us up. Wouldn’t that be lovely!?

I'd rather West Ham were safe personally.

To stay up we need to finish above Brighton and Bournemouth who have similar run ins to us e.g. playing a few of top 6-7 at home and also got tough aways.

If West Ham have nothing to play for on final day you have to think that would favour us if we need to go there and get a point to stay up. Our last four fixtures could easily be against teams with nothing to play for and just wanting the season to end.