Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Just now, Hobbit Feet said:

I’d take Santa with a broken leg over some of the players 🤣

He'd have scored that bloody El Ghazi chance even with his leg hanging off. 

If I remember right there was a nice happy end to that story in that he ended up marrying the nurse who looked after him. 

• Like 1

Just waiting for us to get a point Vs Arsenal, and Watford to lose their next two. Bournemouth losing as well.

Last day we are beating West Ham and Watford nick a late draw Vs Arsenal to stay up on GD. 😪

It is now all about tomorrow's game. We need Watford to get gently bummed (2-0) then to get absolutely coloned by Man Citeh. Or West Ham to get colon-ed by Watford and equally intestined by Man U.  

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

December 1998 was last time we beat arsenal at villa park. 

So good omens  for us 😞

think it was 2.0 down at half time - accident  during half time show when the santa para hit the roof!!!! He did survive!!

won the second half .... Great game great night -  Who knows  but i think its game over realistically 

Not mathematically over but once again they blew it. Of course normally a draw at Everton would be an ok result but this was our chance at 1-0 up and we blew it.

It's now over in my opinion as i can see Bournemouth winning at least 1 game if not both, so our only hope is two wins against Arsenal & West Ham and a draw in tomorrows game. I cannot see it so we are now in "need a miracle" zone.

Wretched season which i cannot wait to see the back of.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Worst part is, if we played anything like we have for the last couple of games, over the course of the season, we would be comfortably mid table.

Yep. Dean smith has always been a slow starter.  Another reason i want him out. 

Will probably take him 6-7 games to get us started again

6 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

Have a really bad feeling Bournemouth will win their two games, two games against Southampton and Everton who have nothing to play for. 

We just need them to lose 1. If we win 1 that should hopefully overturn the GD. We also have to get 4 points somehow. We need West Ham to be safe on the last day.

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Worst part is, if we played anything like we have for the last couple of games, over the course of the season, we would be comfortably mid table.

the hummingbird project GIF by 1091

Need to hope against hope that we can somehow pull off a win against Arsenal, they're in very good form at the moment, but at the same time they're one of those teams that can look very good and then go and a lose a game that they should be winning. If Watford lose the next two against West Ham and Man City and Man City beat them four or five goals, then a win against Arsenal might be enough to take us above them going into the last game of the season.