Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

This is a massively important game for us, we lose and we are back in the relegation zone probably, win and we can put a few points between us and the relegation zone.

Lineup for me:

Reina

Konsa - Mings - Hause

Guilbert - Luiz - Nakamba - Targett

Grealish  -  El Ghazi

Samatta

Subs: Nyland, Engels, Elmo, Drinkwater, Trez, Davis

What i'd prefer.

................Reina...............

.......Konsa..Mings.Hause.

Guilbert..Luiz..Nakamba.Targett

Trezeguet.........Davis.....Grealish

Drinkwater and Sematta both look way off the pace for me, so Luiz and Davis for me.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I'm not saying its a must win game, but I think its a must not lose game. 

I'll take a draw

I'd say it's about as must win as gets. Probably the easiest of our remaining games. 

Bit odd taking a draw here, and then what beat Man U and Spurs?

I'm going to say today is must win. It would be absolutely massive, going into the break with a little breathing space and  3 points over a relegation rival would be huge mentally for the squad. If we can play anything like we did against Leicester we'd smash them but that probably won't be the case with Villa. 

Reina
      Konsa - Mings - Hause
Guilbert - Luiz - Nakamba - Targett
  El Ghazi - Samatta - Grealish

Standard team,  keep it the same as Leicester but bring Reina in. 

Forget this settling for a draw nonsense. They are bottom of the form guide, had lost something like 6 in a row before their last game against Brighton. If we are serious about climbing away from the relegation zone we have to all out aim win this game.

We just won back to back games against 2 very good sides, one sitting 3rd in the table and one that was 2nd in the form guide before beat them. We are on a mini roll and need to capitalise. Its a 2 week break after this game. I want to be studying the table for the next 2 weeks seeing us 5 points ahead of the drop zone rather than sitting in it.

Massive game, massive opportunity

Think both teams will be really up for this one so I'm fully expecting a very entertaining game. Must ensure to not lose this one at minimum. Got a good feeling about this one however since we're on full confidence and Bournemouth are struggling atm. Also we should be fired up to turn them over for last game! We got home turf advantage so let's fire this one home. UTV!

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I doubt he will tbh. Drinkwater will get first 65. Luiz last 25. 

Thankfully Luiz did enough in his 35 minutes against Watford to mitigate the damage done during Drinkwater's 55 minutes.

Can always hope for that I suppose.