Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Suggest you check again. Wins for Watford and West Ham puts us in the bottom 3.

We only have 4 games left against teams in the bottom half, have to go there to win today

True. Although I think we are less likely to drop in there if we draw. 

We 100% should have a win mentality. It's just not a disaster if we take a point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We 100% should have a win mentality. It's just not a disaster if we take a point.

Actually with a draw we go above Brighton if they lose as they are playing West Ham - so we are guaranteed to be above one of them after today if we draw

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The important thing is to remain unbeaten. It's defeats that affect confidence. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm not saying its a must win game, but I think its a must not lose game. 

I'll take a draw

I know where you are coming from but psychologically a win would be massive. Someone posted yesterday that anyone from 11th down is in the relegation mix I think that is garbage no one outside the bottom six will get relegated we need a win and other results to go our way.

24 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I thought Drinkwater would have started this one, with Luiz rotated for a late impact.

Starting Reina is the right call.

It would be great if we absolutely battered Bournemouth in the first half hour and went a couple of goals up, but I think they’ll fancy their chances.

I’m also worried that Mings seemed to be carrying a niggle on Tuesday, and hasn’t had long to recover.

Eurgh. Just want to get going with it ASAP.

Agree on both very surprised DD isn't even on the bench!

• Thanks 1

This game is huge. A win puts a bit of daylight between us and them and even more momentum for us. They had a good result last week against Brighton but their keeper had a blinder they really are a poor side and we should be beating them if we want to stay up. Really looking forward to this one, 3-1 villa! 

52 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I have no idea what that means.

I think all of the players have to remove a ton of crepe paper from a flat bed lorry. 

• Haha 1