Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Yes a big win today combined with the bottom four losing would be a massive step torwards staying up. Not getting beat though away would be good enough to keep out noses in front of the bottom 4.

yeah, but we need to pick up max points versus teams around us, we have a fair few really tough games during the run in, we need to be picking up all 3 today i reckon, this is a 6 pointer, prob the biggest game so far for me in terms of the small bit of breathing space it could give us if we get all 3 points.

1 hour ago, regular_john said:

Will Baston be available for this game?

I doubt he will have trained with us, so even if he was registered in time (which I don’t think he was) I don’t think we’ll see him even in the squad.

Come on you Villa boys. Early goal please to stop the nerves a bit?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Grow some balls Smith and start Davis

I remember you saying similar when Smith started Grealish against Derby. 

You were so angry. 

We then won 4-0, Jack scored a wonder goal, we won 10 games in a row and got promoted. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Got a slightly sick feeling thinking about this one.

I hope the players have managed to come down from the high of Tuesday and focus properly on preparing for this absolutely critical six pointer.

This is an enormous game, and Bournemouth won’t just roll over for us. Will be a very tense affair.

An early goal for Samatta would really get things going.

Must avoid any injuries to key players.

Feeling very apprehensive about this one.

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Got a slightly sick feeling thinking about this one.

I hope the players have managed to come down from the high of Tuesday and focus properly on preparing for this absolutely critical six pointer.

This is an enormous game, and Bournemouth won’t just roll over for us. Will be a very tense affair.

An early goal for Samatta would really get things going.

Must avoid any injuries to key players.

Feeling very apprehensive about this one.

yep has all the hallmarks of after the lord mayors show.

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Forget this settling for a draw nonsense. They are bottom of the form guide, had lost something like 6 in a row before their last game against Brighton. If we are serious about climbing away from the relegation zone we have to all out aim win this game.

We just won back to back games against 2 very good sides, one sitting 3rd in the table and one that was 2nd in the form guide before beat them. We are on a mini roll and need to capitalise. Its a 2 week break after this game. I want to be studying the table for the next 2 weeks seeing us 5 points ahead of the drop zone rather than sitting in it.

Massive game, massive opportunity

It's not about settling for a draw. It's the importance of not losing. 

A loss could see us back in the relegation places. A draw keeps us out