Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's the 'old' system that was introduced 16 days ago?

The one that most people said wouldn’t work, and didn’t go far enough even before it was introduced.

We’re in tier 4, my kids are in school today which is 25-30 other families per child mixing in a classroom. Then after school my lad has football training with 12 other kids from other schools, and 2 coaches.
They can’t be surprised that even the toughest current level of restrictions available isn’t working.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Back to the extra hot Nando’s scale or staying very alert? Maybe an exam grade style letter system?

Yes, definitely time to move to Tier F. 

My wife had vaccine today, my sister-in-law had it yesterday evening, my brother-in-law having it tomorrow (they all work in medical fields).

My dad scheduled to have it in the next 10 days (age and higher-risk).

A lot of my friends also in line to be vaccinated this week or next (medical professions).

Feels like everyone around me is going to be back towards some normality very soon, holidays being planned, etc .... EXCEPT ME (young, no risk factors, non-medical field).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, villakram said:

There is a pandemic. 

The medical industry has responded to this pandemic by increasing production.

The increased production is resulting in similar or lower average occupancy numbers in comparison to normal years.

Hence, no need to panic.

As a percentage...

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 12.52.01.png

If Villa Park currently holds 43,000 people and sells out every week (yeah, I know), so NSWE increase the capacity to 54,000 and we get 52,000 fans per week, are they kicking themselves for now having a lower occupancy rate?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The Spectator has chosen to present the data as a percentage of ICU capacity without mentioning that ICU capacity has increased

They have mentioned that it's increased. It's at the bottom of the chart in tiny italics. So many people won't read it.

4 hours ago, Genie said:

The one that most people said wouldn’t work, and didn’t go far enough even before it was introduced.

We’re in tier 4, my kids are in school today which is 25-30 other families per child mixing in a classroom. Then after school my lad has football training with 12 other kids from other schools, and 2 coaches.
They can’t be surprised that even the toughest current level of restrictions available isn’t working.

I'm staggered that kids football is still going on. The team my lad used to play for had boys from 5 different schools, playing against teams from other areas, and multiple schools.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

What's the difference between tier 4 and full lockdown?

I've just booked a course of treatment at a Physio in Tier 4. I hope full lockdown doesnt knock that on the head. I'm in bloody agony.

Â