Generic Virus Thread

villakram

20 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Anybody want to guess what time the cretin in chief will actually bother to turn up at? I'm going 8:15.

His tardiness really does show how little respect he has for the people of this country. 

I’m assuming it’s a pre-recorded address.

34 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Anybody want to guess what time the cretin in chief will actually bother to turn up at? I'm going 8:15.

His tardiness really does show how little respect he has for the people of this country. 

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m assuming it’s a pre-recorded address.

I don't think those statements are mutually exclusive.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I've got the tequila ready for the Alas count.

Steady on, you’ll be hammered by the time he’s finished thanking the incredible dedication of the NHS staff and patronising the hard working teachers 

I just saw an advert for dancing on ice. Things like this are part of the problem people have stopped giving a shit. TV shows all carrying on with a little nod to social distancing but business as normal.

Pretty much every show is back up and running now. 

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Just had a look on my work WhatsApp group. I've deleted the swearing. 

Yup xxxx their bullshit agenda being pushed for a virus that has a 97% survival rate more people die each year from diabetes but you don’t see the government controlling what people eat and not a single xxxxx word about the immune system out these **** mouths but mcdonalds is still open while we know for a fact now that 94% of the people died from this virus had underlying health problems and due to their lifestyle lack of exercise shity food and being old and overweight but nobody talking about that except the goddamn vaccine which you’ll need multiple doses of!! Sorry I aint falling for this shit it’s the biggest scam pulled on humanity in history Moderna has got 32 billion to make this vaccine just follow the money trail and you’ll see this is a lot bigger than this virus but hey Im just a conspiracy theorist that been talking about this for years way before covid but nobody cares until shit hits the fan 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Depressing.

A distant relation of mine is currently in a very bad way in hospital with the virus, pretty much 50/50 if they make it back out again. They had been very deep into the Bill Gates/covid is a hoax type conspiracies and when they woke up in hospital the other day were apparently completely beside themself for their stupidity in not listening to the warnings. I can only hope that this lot in your WhatsApp group don't have to go through the same realisation.

2 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Depressing.

A distant relation of mine is currently in a very bad way in hospital with the virus, pretty much 50/50 if they make it back out again. They had been very deep into the Bill Gates/covid is a hoax type conspiracies and when they woke up in hospital the other day were apparently completely beside themself for their stupidity in not listening to the warnings. I can only hope that this lot in your WhatsApp group don't have to go through the same realisation.

Sorry to hear that. Hope they pull through mate. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I don’t think Starmers “image” is one to challenge Boris though. There’s something about him I think people won’t warm too. They see a sharp suit and good balanced arguments and think of him as suspicious.
Boris is the other end of the scale, he’s got the “bless him, he tried his best though” pity vote. He seems too stupid to be underhand and dangerous in many peoples eyes. 

This is kind of why I’d want Gove to succeed Johnson. Surely even the throbbers won’t be able to take to that snivelling worm.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Fair play, I didn't expect them to close schools from tomorrow.

Presumably the virus has mutated again and is now able to get past the school gates. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Fair play, I didn't expect them to close schools from tomorrow.

Given he said this morning that they definitely wouldn't, isn't it the sort of thing you could have bet your house on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Schools to reopen after Feb half term. That’s 6/7 weeks I guess

And talked about that being when we move down the tiers. Shit has properly hit the fan, we're in this for a while. And it is his fault.

And our prime minister announces this and then scuttles off, too cowardly to hold a proper press conference and take questions. Because he knows what the first question will be, what's changed in 24 hours to force you to close schools? He's like Kier Starmer's flesh puppet. He doesn't do a damn thing until the opposition tell him to. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â