Generic Virus Thread

villakram

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The whole country is going in to tier 4. But the rules are different to tier 4.

It seems unlikely that a government could unintentionally be this catastrophically poor at messaging . 

On the BBC website its says there will a new tier 5 where there is a risk of health services being overwhelmed. 

Just now, PaulC said:

On the BBC website its says there will a new tier 5 where there is a risk of health services being overwhelmed. 

That’s the country rating going up to 5.

Apparently we have a Covid rating 1-5 which is different and nothing to do with Tiers 1-4. 🤪

The Level 5 alert level is different from the tiers (BBC):

The Covid threat level is to be increased to five, the highest level, sources tell the BBC.

The decision is made by the Joint Biosecurity Centre, which includes the UK's chief medical officers.

Level five would not automatically signify a lockdown being introduced - the alert level system is used by the UK governments to help their decisions on lockdown rather than as strict rules.

The threat level is different from tiers.

d4d34a50-63ac-48f7-9029-3cbef83d41e3.png

Edited by trekka

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I expect it'll come in to place on Wednesday or Thursday. Anyone that can keep their kids home should do so.

Once again the buffoon puts his stubbornness before the safety of the nation. Yesterday he said "Schools are safe" about 30 times on the Marr show. This kind of embarrassing and foreseeable climbdown ought to be enough to end a PM tbh. 

Labour would do worse though 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If schools are closed, couldn't school halls be used as locations to administer the vaccination? 

They’ll probably still be open for key workers and vulnerable children I’d assume.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

They’ll probably still be open for key workers and vulnerable children I’d assume.

Our hall has been out of use since September. I'm sure there would be plenty of schools similar, who'd have the room to help. 

• Like 1

Today we've had a letter from the boss emailed out to us which we can show the police should we get stopped. 

It details how we are key workers because we support the healthcare sector, provide emergency utilities cover for key service like police, petrol stations etc. 

The trouble is, we don't do any of those things. 

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Ah yeah, but the outgoing Labour chancellor in 2010 left a letter saying there's no money left.

Minor point of order, former Chief Secretary to the Treasury (and now Labour candidate for West Midlands Mayor) Liam Byrne.

Edited by ml1dch

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Is there still anyone left that thinks this fecking baffoon is doing a good job?

Plenty unfortunately. I saw a poll earlier showing the Tories with a 6 point lead. Stating the obvious I know but this country is well and truly f**ked if people have seen what has happened over the last year and thought yes please I like what I see here and will have a bit more of that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Today we've had a letter from the boss emailed out to us which we can show the police should we get stopped. 

It details how we are key workers because we support the healthcare sector, provide emergency utilities cover for key service like police, petrol stations etc. 

The trouble is, we don't do any of those things. 

Out of interest, what do you actually do? How far are they stretching the truth?

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:
post removed by mods because swearingy word in tweet

Grim isn't it? 

Completely missing the fact that the one person with the power to stop those things is the bloody PM. 

Edited by blandy
quoted sweary twitter

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Out of interest, what do you actually do? How far are they stretching the truth?

I'm an electrician. 

I work for a very big FM company with different divisions. We do have a division that does indeed support the NHS in a couple of hospitals in London, but our side of the business does not. 

So it's being very liberal with the truth, there are people with our companies name printed on their t-shirts that should be considered as a key workers, but the other 99% of the business is absolutely not. 

17 minutes ago, av1 said:

Is there still anyone left that thinks this fecking baffoon is doing a good job?

I'd wager if there was an election tomorrow, the tories would win quite convincingly. 

So, yes, in answer to your question! 

• Like 1

Â