Generic Virus Thread

villakram

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Plenty unfortunately. I saw a poll earlier showing the Tories with a 6 point lead. Stating the obvious I know but this country is well and truly f**ked if people have seen what has happened over the last year and thought yes please I like what I see here and will have a bit more of that. 

I keep hearing that there isn't good enough opposition. But I'm sure that's a way for people to ease their conscience over voting for these words removed. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I keep hearing that there isn't good enough opposition. But I'm sure that's a way for people to ease their conscience over voting for these words removed. 

I don’t think Starmers “image” is one to challenge Boris though. There’s something about him I think people won’t warm too. They see a sharp suit and good balanced arguments and think of him as suspicious.
Boris is the other end of the scale, he’s got the “bless him, he tried his best though” pity vote. He seems too stupid to be underhand and dangerous in many peoples eyes. 

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I was speaking to a right wing type and they were saying that it's not the politicians they blame - it's the advisors - the scientists. I mentioned the repeated non-acting on the advice and the consequential death toll and the repeating of the mistakes...and they just kind of shut off, like "I don't want to be hearing this, I will not allow facts to register".

Depressing.

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

I was speaking to a right wing type and they were saying that it's not the politicians they blame - it's the advisors - the scientists. I mentioned the repeated non-acting on the advice and the consequential death toll and the repeating of the mistakes...and they just kind of shut off, like "I don't want to be hearing this, I will not allow facts to register".

Depressing.

Sounds about right, I’ve had this. 

Well look at the facts (presents verified independent data)

”there’s no way of knowing if those figures are true”

:bang:

• Like 1

Just had a look on my work WhatsApp group. I've deleted the swearing. 

Yup xxxx their bullshit agenda being pushed for a virus that has a 97% survival rate more people die each year from diabetes but you don’t see the government controlling what people eat and not a single xxxxx word about the immune system out these **** mouths but mcdonalds is still open while we know for a fact now that 94% of the people died from this virus had underlying health problems and due to their lifestyle lack of exercise shity food and being old and overweight but nobody talking about that except the goddamn vaccine which you’ll need multiple doses of!! Sorry I aint falling for this shit it’s the biggest scam pulled on humanity in history Moderna has got 32 billion to make this vaccine just follow the money trail and you’ll see this is a lot bigger than this virus but hey Im just a conspiracy theorist that been talking about this for years way before covid but nobody cares until shit hits the fan 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Yup xxxx their bullshit agenda being pushed for a virus that has a 97% survival rate more people die each year from diabetes but you don’t see the government controlling what people eat and not a single xxxxx word about the immune system out these **** mouths but mcdonalds is still open while we know for a fact now that 94% of the people died from this virus had underlying health problems and due to their lifestyle lack of exercise shity food and being old and overweight but nobody talking about that except the goddamn vaccine which you’ll need multiple doses of!! Sorry I aint falling for this shit it’s the biggest scam pulled on humanity in history Moderna has got 32 billion to make this vaccine just follow the money trail and you’ll see this is a lot bigger than this virus but hey Im just a conspiracy theorist that been talking about this for years way before covid but nobody cares until shit hits the fan 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

There’s a frightening amount of this going round on social media. Usually with replies like “bang on”, 100% etc

• Like 2

97% survival rate

I mean...That's lower than the actual survival rate. You don't often get conspiracy theorists arguing against themselves quite this quickly

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

that this government has consistently failed to protect its people.

It should have been taken over by the Science people from the start,  they say when and what to lock down.  The current current government can advise the Science people,  not the other way around as it is now.

Decisions based on health first,  pick up the pieces (and give Boris back "Control") when its down to double figures (infections).  

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

I’d delete the WhatsApp group.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It should have been taken over by the Science people from the start,  they say when and what to lock down.  The current current government can advise the Science people,  not the other way around as it is now.

Decisions based on health first,  pick up the pieces (and give Boris back "Control") when its down to double figures (infections).  

I can't agree with that. Scientists should advise on the science; politicians have to make the decisions.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Social media is going to play a huge part in the demise of this world.

It could be that they wipe themselves out by believing their own BS on social media.  

One day someone will post, do XYZ for immortality,  they might all do it. 

Like deep cleaning your hard disk.

35 minutes ago, blandy said:

Depressing.

I'm convinced Trump and Brexit have given these idiots the confidence to be loud and proud about their stupidity.

20 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

The prosecution rests m'lud 👍

image.png.33da21b41218454c9ad4f1459303e5a9.png

I know what you mean, but the solution is for British people to elect better politicians, not to abandon democratic rule. I feel as pessimistic about that as ever, but it's still the right thing to hope for.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I know what you mean, but the solution is for British people to elect better politicians, not to abandon democratic rule. I feel as pessimistic about that as ever, but it's still the right thing to hope for.

I was half joking,  problem is it's like going to war.  Tell the army the objective and get on with it,  if peoples lives are on the line,  politicians by definition are not the best to have influence.  If it was just before an election could medical worries be overtaken by the desire to win an election for example ? It's not gone great for Boris and his lot so far.

Â